1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi, I'm Tina, owner and lead planner of Serendipity Events by Tina. I have been planning events for as long as I can remember, so in 2009 I decided to follow my passion and be a wedding planner. At this time, I had a GED, and I decided if I were going to start a business, I would do it right. So as a single mother with a full-time job, I enrolled in college earned a BA in Business Management. Then, in my spare time (haha), I took courses to become a Certified Wedding Planner. I started Serendipity Events in Orlando, Florida, where I still have a great team of planners, and moved to DFW in 2015, where I restarted my business. I have grown Serendipity Event by Tina to a team of 5 lead planners and several assistant planners.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I have over 10 years of experience planning weddings. I am a Senior Certified Wedding planner, and I take the certification course every 3-4 years to make sure I am up with the latest and greatest technology and trends. I have planned hundreds of weddings; I wish I could give you an exact number.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
Serendipity Events by TIna offers packages for everyone. We have Day of Coordination, Month of Coordination, Partial Planning, Full Planning, and we are currently creating a Premier package which will be full planning with some exclusive items. (Stay tuned!)
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our packages are fully customizable except for the Day Of package because we need to do everything included in that package to ensure the integrity of your wedding. If you would like the package as is, it will be a flat fee, but we can take out or add items to fit your needs. Our most popular Package is known as Destiny, and it is our Partial Planning package. With this package, we are your wedding BFF and work alongside you every step of the way to ensure your wedding goes exactly how you want it to go.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
We have a team of several certified lead planners and assistant planners. Every wedding has one lead planner and one assistant planner. If your wedding is in more than one location, has over 200 guests, or has many extra items to set up, an additional assistant is added to your package.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
This is why we have such a great team. If there is an emergency with your lead planner, we have backups on our staff who know our processes, and they will be able to jump in and make it happen. This has only happened one time so far, but it is always good to have a plan!
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
This truly depends on which package is selected. Each package has a set number of meetings we can go up to, but if you choose a package with fewer meetings, you can add additional meetings a la carte if needed.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
If needed, we are happy to give you tips on the wording of invitations, but your invitation company will also have that. We leave that to the pros, but we are happy to refer you to the right professional to help create your perfect invitations.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
We will help you find the vendors who will work with your style and budget, including rentals, floral, photography, bakeries, caterers, and anything else you may need. All of our packages include creating a day-of itinerary and making sure your vendors have it and are on the same page to make things run perfectly on your day. On the day of, you won't have to worry if your vendor arrived, if things are set up, or if vendors are doing what you contracted them to do. We will take care of all of that so you can enjoy your day.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Yes. Our timeline is color-coded, so everyone knows what they are supposed to be doing and when. We will also have your lead planner and an assistant there guiding them through the day, warning everyone when something they need to do is coming up, and ensuring everyone is where they need to be when they need to be there. We will also give everyone involved a heads up if something changes, so everyone is aware of what is happening.