1. Introduction: What's your story?
My love of weddings and planning has followed me forever, and I’ve always carried it over into any work that I do. Formally working for years as a Food & Beverage Director for a Boutique Hotel & Restaurant brand, working for one of the top catering companies in the Washington D.C Metro area then becoming the Catering Director for one of Portland's premiere social clubs, I've had the opportunity to plan weddings, galas and meetings for some of the country’s most noted community leaders and socialites.
As a wedding and events planner, I’ve been able to zero in on my passion for helping clients and couples create truly memorable experiences. There is nothing more satisfying than knowing my services made my clients’ day.
Outside of spending time with my husband and life partner, Gregory, and our two fur babies Casper & Gigi, I devote majority of my time learning more about industry trends, catching up with friends & family and getting involved in my community.
I look forward to learning more about YOU, and bringing your vision for your next event to life.
"You know that ‘feeling’ when you first meet someone and it all just clicks? Or when you walk into a room full of people and suddenly you feel so relaxed? That is what I want you to feel as my client."
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
True old fashion story in the hospitality Industry: I started from the bottom and grew.
My experience started in private dining mainly in hotels and grew into banquets then to weddings over the last couple of years. For a while I would coordinate weddings for friends and family friends for zero to nothing and then one day it just clicked and that's when I took the leap into starting my own business.
The rest is history
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer a range of services starting at Day of/month of coordinating, partial planning and full service planning. We do also offer some a la carte services such as honeymoon planning, after wedding brunches and dinners as well as bachelor and bachelorette party planning.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We pride ourselves in offering packages that fit the exact needs and budget of our clients so there is no flat rate at the moment. We truly want to make sure our clients are getting their money's worth with their planner. All of our fully customized packages which all have a starting price and then we base the final price off of what they're ultimately needing.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
Currently it is myself and about 3 other coordinators and assistants. Looking to build up our team more this year!
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
Then my awesome coordinators and experienced assistants step in!
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
Our meetings with our clients are unlimited. We try to make ourselves as available as possible.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Absolutely! This feature is listed in our "Dream Come True" full service planning package. However, this single item can be added to any of our other packages.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
We do it all!
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
We take on full communication with all vendors leading up to our client's wedding day. We essentially are the managers of their day so that means making sure all vendors know exactly what's happening at any moment.