1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello, I’m Sarah!
Here’s a little bit more about my background: I received my Bachelors from Texas A&M University and Masters from Boston University. Upon graduation, I got a ‘big girl’ job in the corporate world working for a major retailer. It was not until a few years into the industry when I realized something had to give. I was looking for a new challenge and did some soul searching into what I was passionate about, that truly made me happy.
Little did I know that it was right in front of me! Event planning was something I had been doing on and off for over twelve years now and though it took me a while to make the transition, once I did, I plunged right in and never looked back!
I believe in truly getting to know people, taking note of the details and encompassing your joys in life to create an event brimming with personal touches and charming details. My team and I work hard to ensure we deliver results with warmth and efficiency. Your event will be a very thoughtful affair as I spent half my life growing up in countries like Malaysia, Singapore and China which has given me a very open perspective and different outlook from most. This has caused me to be very understanding of cultures and enjoy thinking outside-the-box.
Getting better in this role is something I continuously strive to do, so you will see me attending workshops, conferences and taking classes to ensure that our clients get nothing but the very best.
When I am not working, you will find me cooking, reading or engrossed in some sort of board game. I also love spending time with my three dogs. Yes, three. No worries, I won’t show up to any meeting covered in dog hair as I am religious about vacuuming. Looking forward to meeting you!
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
Our team has fifty years of experience combined in the events industry, with backgrounds in design, venue management to being catering managers at five-star hotels.
Keestone Events has been in business for almost a decade at this point, and we have a few hundred weddings and events under our belt! It is crucial to us that we focus on quality over quantity so each planner on our team will only take on a very specific number of events a year.
We are both a planning and design company with multiple awards under our belt. Our events have been featured in various websites and print publications.
We excel in the details and strive for you to have an efficient (and fun!) experience when planning for your big day. Each wedding we plan is unique to the couple, where our goal is to have an event that stands the test of time and truly speaks to your personalities.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer a wide variety of services some of which include:
*Full Service Planning
*A la Carte options
We customize our packages based on your needs so you don't pay for services you won't be using.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Prices start at $2,500.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
We are immensely proud of the strong group of women our team is comprised of! You can learn more about each of our planners via our website.
Typically at each wedding, there will be a lead planner with two assistants.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
Great question! Because we have a large team, should something unforeseen happen, we will have another planner from our group step in.
We take what we do seriously and the only time we have had to change planners was during the pandemic when a few couples rescheduled to a date their original planner was already booked for. However, we do encourage our couples to meet with the "new" planner beforehand to make sure everyone connects both personally and professionally!
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
This will ultimately depend on the package booked and how involved our clients want us to be!
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
This also depends on the package the couple has booked us for. We do see this more frequently with the Full Planning packages vs. Month-of Coordination where these aspects should already be taken care of.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Yes. We take a lot of pride in the amount of work and level of detail we go into to make sure the day goes as seamlessly as possible!