Planner - Candace Billingham
- Business: Candace Noel Events
- Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico NM
- Experience: 15 Years
- Profile: Candace Noel Events
- Website: www.candacenoelevents.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello! My name is Candace Noel Billingham & I am the owner of Candace Noel Events. Candace Noel Events became official in Fall 2017 -serving the Santa Fe, New Mexico and surrounding areas. My love for weddings started about 20 years ago when I worked for a stunning venue called The Black Horse Inn. I learned how to host and coordinate full wedding weekends. And, from there my passion for weddings in the hospitality industry expanded where I worked for hotel properties to plan and coordinate weddings in Palm Springs, California and Big Sky Montana. I ended up meeting the love of my life in Albuquerque and started my business- which I'm so thankful I did.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I've worked as a wedding planner for over 15 years. And, I have planned well over 200+ weddings in my career with hotels & resorts and as business.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
I tailor my services to meet the needs of my clients. Every client is so different. I like to offer a complimentary consultation to talk more about your specific needs. I do specialize in more full-service and partial wedding planning. And, I also specialize in destination weddings.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I typically price out my custom packages due to the amount of hours that I will assist. My full-service package which is about (6-8) months out from the wedding date is the most popular. However, I do help with month-out weddings as well. I typically ask for 25% of the total cost to secure an agreement and then 3 payments thereafter to space it out.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
For staffing it truly depends on the overall guests count and logistics involved. I typically have at least (2) people on staff with me and we do have additional team members as need be.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
I have a full back-up coordinator that can handle anything and everything.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
If it's a month out wedding - I typically have 2-3 meetings prior to the wedding if possible. And, for full-service that can range depending on the overall needs of the couple. That number can range from 4 on up.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
I do not typically handle this.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes, I do handle all rentals. And, yes, I do coordinate delivery, arrival and setup times with all vendors assisting.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Yes, timelines are essential. Truly, once everyone is in the loop with all final communications on timelines- things tend to go very smoothly. Especially with bridal party members - everyone wants success.