1. Introduction: What's your story?
My name is Alex Montoya, the owner of Elite Flower, LLC. It all started 10 years ago when I was offered a job at a local flower shop in my home town, it went from 6 hours a week to a full time passion in a matter of months. After learning the flower business from a small town flower shop I decided I needed to push my career path further, so I moved to Albuquerque NM.
I immediately started working at Wedding & Event Flower shop and worked my up to lead wedding and event manager in 2019. I sold 141 weddings!
After Covid hid and all of my spring and summer weddings got cancelled and I was left at home for months I decided to venture out on my own a create my own business with the gained experience and knowledge I took the leap.
2. What's your experience as a wedding florist business? How many weddings are in there in your portfolio?
My experience as a wedding florist has been wonderful, I get it to help couples create an a vision for the special day!
With each passing year you tend to see trends going in and out of style and its so fun to keep up with. The initial consultation and the day of the wedding tend to be my favorite part. Creating a floral dream and then executing makes my job worth while.
3. How far in advance do couples need to secure your services?
Being such a small specialty florist we suggest booking as soon as possible. Other wise no later then two weeks prior to the wedding!
4. How do you price your floral arrangements? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We like to work with all of our couples on a custom basis, so we suggest booking a free consultation. This is where we will discuss everything you are looking for such as colors, flowers and overall feel of your wedding. We will also discuss our process in further detail. No later then 48 hours we will send you a custom quote with everything itemized!
5. How many meetings will you have with the couple, and how will they be involved?
We can have as many meetings as we need to really lock down the vision. The couples are involved from the very beginning, we run through flower and greenery options, seeing what they like and don't like. It becomes more of a creative collaboration
6. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
I am the owner and lead designer at at Elite Flower, LLC
When I need help I enlist the help of some designer friends. Typically it takes two people for a typical wedding set-up.
7. How would you describe your design style? (e.g. traditional, modern, rustic, organic)
I would express my design as a modern twist on traditional romantic looks. With that being said, we like to embody the design style our couples are looking for.
8. Who will handle setup and delivery? What other services do you offer?
For the most part as the owner and lead designer, I will be handling all of the delivery and set-ups.
We offer a range of services such as D.I.Y classes, full flower set-up and day of coordination.
9. What happens to the flowers after the wedding?
All of the flowers are the couples to keep. With our day of coordination we will set-up and tear down all the flowers for you!
All of the bouquets are sent out in their own vases so the bridesmaids can enjoy the flowers after the wedding.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
You have up until two weeks of the wedding or event to make any changes or pay the balance. That also goes for the cancellation of the flowers. If the wedding or event is cancelled after the two week mark the couple is still responsible for the flowers ordered at cost.