1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello, Tira here! I am the Owner and Lead Planner of Tira Lynn Events. Tira Lynn Events is a boutique events and wedding planning company based in Baltimore, Maryland. We live for the moments you can't put into words. Full-service in nature, the company handles the logistics of your event so that you can enjoy your special day. Whether your celebration is big or small, Tira Lynn Events is the perfect choice for capturing your respective personalities!
We have been featured in Munaluchi Bride, Black Bride, Wedding Chicks, and Valley Bride.
I enjoy helping my clients through the process and then seeing the excitement on their faces, after seeing the results is priceless and rewarding. This is the moment that makes my heart smile and lets me know that this is truly my gift.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I have been planning events for over 10 years, however I have been in business for 4 years. I have planned over 40 weddings since we opened officially.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
Month of Coordination
Intimate Wedding Planning
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We require a 30% non refundable deposit.
We offer full, partial, and month of packages. Our most popular package is the Partial and Full Planning.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
We normally have our lead planner and one assistant onsite. At times, there may be an additional assistant.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
I have a backup planner and assistant to step in if I am unable to work the wedding.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
I offer an initial consultation meeting, midway meeting and final walkthrough and design meeting for all Full and Partial Planning packages. I will do monthly check-ins for month of coordination. I provide vendor recommendations based on budget, style, and preferences. I do not offer more than three vendor recommendations per category.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
We work with a vendor to assist with invitations. We offer coordinating RSVPs. However, most of our clients prefer to handle that aspect.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
We handle rentals, delivery, walk through, consultation scheduling, floor plans, timelines, and logistics for the day of the wedding.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
We create the timeline and provide a copy to all of the vendors. We communicate with the vendors beforehand to determine the best time for arrival.