1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello! I'm Julie Schlueter, owner and lead planner at Fiore Events. I started working in the wedding and event industry 7 years ago and haven't looked back since! I love having the opportunity to be part of one of the most important days in a couple's life. My ultimate goal is to make your wedding day smooth, organized, and stress-free. Your job is to enjoy your day with your loved ones - my job is to take care of all the details and make sure you have the absolute best day ever.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I've been planning weddings and events for 7 years but started Fiore Events 3 years ago. I've been fortunate to be part of the love stories of over 30 couples. I'm also happy to plan other events such as engagement parties, vow renewals, showers, birthday parties, and more.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
Fiore Events offers a wide range of planning services - we do month-of coordination, partial planning, and full-service wedding planning. We are also more than happy to create custom packages for clients who may have more specific needs.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our packages are a flat fee with a starting price. Additional services can be added to any package if desired. We offer month-of coordination, partial planning, and full-service planning packages. Our most popular package is month-of coordination which starts at $1395.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
Fiore Events is owned by Julie and her husband, John. Julie focuses on all the client-facing parts of the business and John focuses more on the financial side of things. We always have at least two people staffed at each wedding and are able to staff for more if the wedding or event has more moving pieces than normal.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
In the very rare event that an emergency situation arises causing me to miss your wedding day, I have a group of trusted and amazing wedding planners that I would work with to find a suitable replacement for you.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
The smallest package we offer includes 3 meetings and that increases with each package. We love when our couples are involved in the planning - and how involved they are depends entirely on what the couple wants. No decisions are ever made without the consent of our clients. Some of the couples we work with don't have any interest in planning a wedding, so they give us an overall theme and we take care of everything for them. Other couples want to take more ownership of their day, and we're great with that! No two clients are the same and we take the lead from them on how they would like the planning process to go.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Some of our packages include these types of services and they can also be added on as an additional service if the couple desires.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
We handle it all! We coordinate with the entire vendor team and create a full timeline and diagram of the day including vendor arrivals and departures, what each vendor is responsible for, and what rental and decor items will be delivered that day.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
We sure do! Every wedding package comes with timeline creation and execution. Our timelines are incredibly detailed and all vendors are consulted throughout the planning process to ensure it works for everyone. Because we work so closely with all the vendors for the day, the schedule usually stays right on time. We always build in a few pockets of additional time to ensure that even if family photos run long or the couple needs a few minutes for a hair or makeup touch-up that we're still great on time! Keeping the day running like a well-oiled machine is one of the things we do best!