1. Introduction: What's your story?
My name is Megan Rodriguez and my business partner is Fiona Saluk and we started Ludic Events in 2017 after working for a catering company together for a few years. Our passion for planning was always apparent. So much so that we would get "in trouble" with the company we worked for because we were doing too much or doing things that were planner like. So, I moved back to Maryland and Fiona and I planned and plotted and began Ludic Events. It has been the most unbelievable journey so far and we cannot wait to see how our baby grows.
Megan resides in MD and handles the DMV while Fiona lives in CT and handles the New England area. We of course will go anywhere the event takes us though.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
Collectively we have planned well over 300 events collectively. It was important to us to have dipped our feet in every aspect of the vendor and planning process to truly be able to advocate for our clients, but also our fellow vendors.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer day-of planning, petite planning, partial planning, and full service planning :)
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our payments are broken down into thirds. 1/3 due when you sign, 1/3 due half way through, and 1/3 due 2 weeks before the event. However, we do try to accommodate any payment schedule our clients may need.
Our packages begin at $1500 and go all the way to $8000. It all depends on how you customize each package and if you add on any a la carte items.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
We have Megan ( co-owner and planner), Fiona ( co-owner and planner), Amanda ( Associate Planner) Maddie ( Planning Assistant). We typically have 2 people on site day of but that could change depending on guest count and amount of setup and/or break down.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
We never schedule more than one wedding a day. We are all privy to the info discussed with all clients. If someone is unable to make the day of for some reason, you will always have a backup.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
Each package has a different amount of meetings and can be altered to fit your budget. We try to not base our packages around the time we start plantain but rather the amount of meetings and planning time.
Day-of - 0 meetings but we do rehearsal
Petite - 2 meetings and rehearsal
partial - 5 meetings and rehearsal
full - unlimited meetings and rehearsal
The planning process is different for every single individual. You aren't all the same people or couples and we don't want to put you in this cookie cutter status. We will go over processes on our consultation call.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
We do offer invites and paper customization.
It is an a la carte item and can be discussed at your consultation. you typically want to send out your invitations 8 weeks before your RSVP date.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
We handle anything the client needs us to but it would all depend on packages and add ons.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
We will always formulate a full timeline that will be sent to all vendors and the couple and will be detailed to keep everyone moving efficiently and smoothly day of.