Planner - Meagan Crain
- Business: Crain + Co Events
- Location: Tucson, Arizona AZ
- Experience: 10 Years
- Website: www.crainandco.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi there! I'm Meagan - owner and designer at Crain + Co Events. I stumbled upon event planning during college and after graduating I worked my way through hotel catering sales and non-profit event planning before opening my own business. I now have a growing team of planners and designers serving all of Arizona and happy to travel when the opportunity arises!
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
Before opening my business I started as a hotel catering sales manager and event planner for several non-profit entities. After solidifying my knowledge and connections I opened Crain + Co Events. We have designed and planned over 150 weddings and look forward to many more!
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We mostly offer full service planning and design services and take just a hand full of "day of coordination" clients each season. We also specialize in other social, corporate and non-profit events.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Each proposal is customized to the client, but typically full service is 10% of the final wedding budget and flat fee for wedding management.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
Our team consists of 3 full service event managers, as well as, several additional event day assistants.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
While that has never happened, we always have a plan B, C and D. Should someone be sick the day of the wedding, ene of the other planners would step in to take over the event management or we have lots of connections in the industry if, worse case scenario, we needed to subcontract someone to help.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
That is TBD based on the client. Most of our clients are planning Arizona destination weddings and do not live locally so a lot of the planning is done via emails and phone calls. We also set up a planning trip to do the client's tasting, walk through and other misc vendor meetings.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
We offer full service stationery options!
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes, yes and yes! We handle all timeline and production elements from ordering rentals and decor to planning out the logistics of set up, strike, photography, etc...
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
We create highly detailed, customized timelines for our couples, wedding party members and our vendor teams. These are communicated in advance and at the ceremony rehearsal.
We are highly skilled at running a timely event day; however, things happen and sometimes things get behind! For example, maybe a VIP is late for the ceremony or we need more photography time before dinner starts... our job is to adjust to keep everything running smoothly. We will communicate any delays with vendors and the catering team and do our best to get back on schedule. While most of our wedding days run on time, we know life happens and we would rather things feel natural and easy rather than causing stress to gain a few extra minutes.