1. Introduction: What's your story?
Since I was a kid, my mom has always said that I live in my own “fairytale mind”. I spent far more time on art projects and rearranging my bedroom furniture than anything else and I knew I was destined to do something creative for a living.
I’ve photographed over 300 weddings around the world because I was crazy enough to chase after the dream of not working a 9-5 cubicle gig. Photographing weddings gives me a front row seat to some of the most intimate moments of life and I’d never have it any other way.
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
I’ve been a full time wedding and portrait photographer for 12 years. We’ve photographed over 300 weddings around the world, including Italy, Portugal, Sonoma, Mexico and Asia.
3. How would you describe your photography style?
We keep it real. We keep it fresh. We keep it classic with a twist. Our photography style can be summed up as “Editorial meets Photojournalism”. What this means is we help orchestrate the setting and lighting where a moment takes place, and let the moment unfold organically.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
Unlike other types of vendors, we can only do one wedding in a day- so, the sooner you book us, the better. Most couples book us 1-1.5 years out.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We offer 100% customized packages for our couples through an A La Carte structure. This ensures every one of our couples is getting exactly what they need on their wedding day.
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
Big teams are the big thing these days- but, not for us. I believe weddings are such a personal, intimate day, and I like to keep that same approach in every aspect of my business. In addition to being the owner and lead photographer, I’m also the one doing all the post-production editing and curation of the final images. When a couple hires me, they’re getting ME.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Anything within 3-4 hours of Charlotte, NC is what we consider home turf and we do not charge a travel fee for those locations. Anything outside this radius is custom based on the amount of travel. For destination weddings, we will always arrive at least 2 days prior to the event to scout locations and prep for the wedding day.
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
Albums, prints and wall art are available for all our clients in an easy-to-use, online format within their final image gallery.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
Good things should not be rushed. Let me say this again: good things should not be rushed. I tell all my clients that there’s just as much (if not more) of an art to editing as there is actually shooting the images. All our editing is done in-house, by me, and carefully curated and delivered in a personal online image gallery within 30-45 days of the wedding.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Retainers are non-refundable. Our contract covers details on cancellations and refunds