1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi! I'm Shea, owner of Shea McGrath Photography. I fell in love with photography at a young age when I was gifted a film camera. I took a film photography class in college and worked for a wedding and family photographer for 3-4 years while in college as well. About a year after I graduated, I decided to create a website and start my own business!
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
I've been photographing weddings since 2012 and have photographed over 200 weddings!
3. How would you describe your photography style?
My photography style is photojournalistic (lots of candids!) and I edit true-to-color.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
In Colorado, I would say 12-18 months in advance if you're planning a 100+ guest, Saturday wedding.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I offer 4 packages ranging from 6 hours to 10 hours. My most popular package are the two middle packages; both include 8 hours of photography, but one of the packages includes an engagement session.
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
Yes, I am the lead photographer who will be there on your wedding day. My husband, Jacob, is my main second shooter/assistant (he is my second at about 80% of weddings.)
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
No travel fees within the state of Colorado or Iowa! If you are planning an out of state wedding, I charge a travel fee of $800.
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
An album is included in one of my packages, otherwise you can always add it on a la carte. You can also purchase prints at any time from your online downloadable gallery that comes with printing rights.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
I deliver a "sneak peek" of wedding photos within 1 week of your wedding and the entire gallery is delivered within 8 weeks.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
The retainer is non refundable. If you need to postpone, as long as I have your new date available then we can easily change it!