1. Introduction: What's your story?
Graceful Beauty KC is a wedding hair and makeup service based in Kansas City, MO. This talented beauty team works with the goal of making every client feel inspired and empowered. From soft, natural styles to striking, glamorous looks, these professionals are on hand to create your wedding beauty vision.
Company founder and lead artist Sophia Binder is a licensed cosmetologist who loves to make her clients feel beautiful in every way through her work. Sophia can assist clients in building the look that suits them best for their big day thanks to her extensive knowledge and skills. Sophia ensures that she keeps up with the latest industry trends so that she can offer her clients the best service possible.
Both hair and makeup trials are available from Graceful Beauty KC before the big day. These trials allow clients to try out different looks and find the style they feel most comfortable in. In addition to hair and makeup services, Sophia and her team can also provide spray-tanning services for clients’ convenience. On the day of the event, the Graceful Beauty KC team will provide their services on site. They are also happy to beautify all members of the wedding party to create a cohesive style.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
I only started to keep track of how many brides we have worked on starting in 2020 and that was 33 weddings (includes the pandemic). For 2021 we are scheduled for 41 weddings. We have been doing weddings since 2015, so I'd say we've done hair and makeup on hundreds of brides!
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Bridal services are considered a luxury. Rates are based on location, our experience, products used and the number of ladies in the party. Our main package is an all inclusive of Hair, makeup and lashes. The rates include:
Online Consultation, or Personal Chat to Discuss Your Parties Needs and Looks, Hairstyle of Choice, Complimentary Veil and Accessory Placement, Photo Quality Makeup Application Based on Your Skin Type, False Lashes, False Eyelash Application, Padded Time for the Day, Timeline for the day (groups of 3 and more) and Our Years of Expertise.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
I do have a team! All of our artists have great experience within the beauty industry. We offer a range of services to get you looking and feeling beautiful before the big day.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
We do charge a travel fee if it's outside of 20 miles from the salon. It's the standard federal mileage of .575 miles to and from the getting ready location.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Brides can book a hair and makeup trial before the big day! We encourage trials!
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
We use high end products such as Becca Cosmetics, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Graftobian and more. If a bride wants to use her own products, she absolutely can!
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
This is a secret for our artists ;-)
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
Makeup will take about 30-45 minutes and we leave as soon as we're done for the day. Brides can book us to stay for the whole day based on a hourly rate.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Cancellations can be made up to 60 days before the wedding day without any extra charges. A 40% original deposit is still non-refundable. If you cancel 30 days prior to your wedding day 25% of the total wedding date rate quote will be charged. If you cancel within 2 weeks or less of the wedding day you will then be charged 100% of the total wedding day rate quoted.