Florist - Macy
- Business: The Posh Posey
- Location: Sacramento, California CA
- Experience: 10 Years
- Website: www.theposhposey.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi there! My name is Macy and I’m the Owner and head designer of The Posh Posey!
I have loved nature and flowers ever since I can remember. When I was little I would pick flowers whenever and wherever I could and bring my mom handfuls of wildflower bouquets. I made my first floral arrangement at one of my Mom’s best friends, Penny’s house when I was around 8 and was hooked. I minored in Floral Design in college and knew someday I flowers would be a daily part of my life.
When I’m not knee deep in flowers I love to hang out with my family, friends and my dog Deuce. I enjoy spending time in the kitchen cooking up one of the million recipes I have pinned on Pinterest or finding new delicious restaurants to try! I love summer bike rides, winter ski trips, crisp fall hikes and spring time baseball. But most of all I love and am passionate about floral design and truly bringing to life what my bridal couples envision for their special day!
2. What's your experience as a wedding florist business? How many weddings are in there in your portfolio?
The wedding floral business, I feel, is sort of a mystery to the average person. A lot of people don't understand the work and time that goes into making your day as beautiful as possible, even before we have flowers in front of us to design with. Your florals can tell a story and they really add incredible value to your day and especially the photos that are taken to remember that day.
With over 100+ weddings in our portfolio we can say we know how to make your vision of your wedding come to life.
3. How far in advance do couples need to secure your services?
Depending on the date and popularity of the season (May, June and September book up very fast), we suggest reaching out as far as a year in advance.
4. How do you price your floral arrangements? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
All floral orders are custom according to your needs. We do not do any packages. A list of common starting prices for different designs are listed on our Investment page of our website.
5. How many meetings will you have with the couple, and how will they be involved?
We start with our pre-consultation form and will do a phone consultation once we have that back to go over your needs and design ideas in depth. From there, we will send you a detailed proposal. If you book with us we will do another consultation around the time that your final payment is due. Again every wedding is fully customized so if a site visit or in person meetings are necessary we will schedule accordingly.
6. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
Depending on the wedding and size, we have had anywhere from 2-10 extra sets of hands designing and helping day of.
7. How would you describe your design style? (e.g. traditional, modern, rustic, organic)
I would call our designs classically organic with curated color palettes and floral choices. The floral design world is ever evolving and changing so timeless is not a word that is necessarily attainable in the industry, but we try our best and have had couples still pleased years later.
8. Who will handle setup and delivery? What other services do you offer?
All of our weddings that we take on are full service with deliver and set up included. Any large installs such as wedding arches as well as any hanging or large floral pieces are designed on site.
9. What happens to the flowers after the wedding?
When possible we make all large centerpieces and other floral designs in liners or non-rental containers that are meant to be taken be the bridal couple and sent with family or friends. We often donate floral that has not been taken to local elderly facilities and homes.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Cancellation and Refund policies are given with our contracts that are signed at the time of booking.