Planner - Ashlee Nicholson
- Business: Treasured Heart Events
- Location: Fort Worth, Texas TX
- Experience: 5 Years
- Website: www.treasuredheartevents.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
My name is Ashlee Nicholson and I am the Owner + Creative Director for Treasured Heart Events! We are a boutique wedding planning company changing the world for good, and we have been serving DFW brides and grooms since 2016! I first found my passion for weddings after planning my sister's special day in 2014. After interning for a wedding planner all through my college years, I knew I was meant to be a wedding planner.
The heart behind what we do is centered on donations and giving back. 10% of all our package prices go directly to a missionary family or organization of your choosing. We believe deeply in the sanctity of marriage, and we love that our process can help start marriages off on a foot of giving back!
What started as a one-woman operation has quickly blossomed to 2 full-time and 4 part-time Lead Planners, allowing Treasured Heart Events to serve multiple events each weekend!
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
As a company, we have planned, designed, coordinated 133 weddings in the first 5 years of business, and we are projecting to be part of 80 incredible events in 2021! You can have full confidence in our planning team, as we have seen just about everything to this point We have even put out a legitimate fire at a wedding, so trust me, we have seen and solved it all!
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer 4 planning packages: Event Management, Design, Full-Service Planning, and The Wedding Weekend. Each of these packages are designed around the different needs of brides as they head into their planning process!
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
All of our services are flat rates! We value relationships and open communication, so we do not charge per meeting or per phone call--we want all of our couples to know that we are here to be a friend and a sounding board through your planning process. All of our packages include unlimited emails and phone calls, even for our Event Management Couples! We are very upfront with our pricing (you can find it directly on our website) and we do not have any "hidden fees" or last minute costs that pop down the road.
Due to the sheer number of weddings we do, a majority of our couples choose Event Management or Design. Our 2 full-time Lead Planners take on a select amount of Full-Service and Wedding Weekend couples each year to ensure the highest level of service!
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
We have 6 amazing Lead Planners on our team and 3 incredible Assistant Planners! On your wedding day, your assigned Lead Planner will be the first one to arrive and the last one to leave (no hour caps!). If your ceremony and reception are all held in one location, you will have 1 Assistant Planner for 8 hours. If you are at two separate venues for your ceremony and reception, you will have an additional Assistant Planner for 4 hours. We always ensure that your event will be staffed to the very best of our ability!
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
This is the beauty of a team! As soon as a contract is signed, we have one of our Lead Planners sign up as the back-up. In the last 5 years, we have never had to invoke using a back-up planner, however, we value our couples knowing that we have multiple plans in place if something were to happen to their assigned Lead Planner! We utilize a cloud-based information sharing system, so our whole team has access to all questionnaires, timelines and layouts for your specific wedding at the drop of a hat!
Due to COVID-19, we have also done our very best to avoid back-to-back weekends for our Lead Planners. If an exposure to COVID were to happen at a wedding, we have the ability and time to quarantine built into our schedules so that your wedding will not be affected by another event.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
For Event Management Couples, we provide 1 in person meeting at your venue 6 weeks prior to the wedding, and 1 final details phone call 10 days before!
For Design Couples, you will have 4 additional meetings in relation to your design board, flowers, rentals and one remaining flexible meeting!
For Full-Service and Wedding Weekend Couples we have unlimited meetings!
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
For Full-Service and Wedding Weekend Couples, we are involved in all of these nitty gritty details! We can add them A La Carte to Design or Event Management Packages.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
While we do not personally house rentals such as linens or catering needs, we do assist in the delivery arrival and production schedule for all vendors involved in your wedding! We have worked with as many as 18 individual companies on a single wedding, and we have plenty of experience coordinating all of the needs of each vendor into one cohesive timeline and schedule.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
We absolutely handle the production schedule and timeline throughout the day. Your Lead Planner will be in charge of keeping everyone on schedule throughout the day