Planner - Jennifer Craft
- Business: JC Events
- Location: San Antonio, Texas TX
- Experience: 10 Years
- Website: www.eventsbyjennifercraft.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
I am Jennifer Craft, founder and event director at JC Events. My passion for wedding planning started when I was a little girl, but I did not start professionally until I was in college. During my junior year at Texas State University, I joined Student Event Planners Association and then became an officer my senior year. SEPA lead to a few internships and a full time gig planning weddings. I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communications, with an emphasis on Public Relations, from Texas State University in 2011. I founded Events by Jennifer Craft, now known as JC Events in 2014.
JC Events' team consists of family and friends. Recently, we have expanded into floral and decor designs, photo booth and ceremony officiating. I pride myself on building strong relationships with all my clients. JC Events offers a wide span of packages to fit all types of budgets and priorities. We love starting from scratch - that's definitely our favorite! I always want to lead my bride in the right direction, and therefore have unlimited communication for all packages. This, in turn, makes us wedding planning BFFS. I truly love making wedding dreams come true and seeing a glowingly happy couple at the end of the night!
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I have lost count of the weddings over the years. On average, I can expect 15-20 per year. So far, I have planned about 150-180 weddings.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
JC Events offers the following:
Day Of/Weekend Of, which starts 2 months prior. Tulip - Weekend Of includes ceremony rehearsal coordination, Daisy - Day Of does not. Day Of is great for weddings who just need a reception coordinator because they have a church wedding or very intimate weddings with no bridal party.
Partial Planning: 2 great options to choose from - Rose or Peony Packages. Partial planning includes lots of leg work, vendor connections, appointment setting, monthly checkins and reminders.
Full Service Planning: 2 great options to choose from - Orchids or Cascading Orchids. Full service is great for the busy couples who don't have time and want us to be involved with all decision making.
Floral/Decor Services: Some couples choose to bundle with our floral design services. This is always fun for us!
Photo Booth: open air photobooth, unlimited prints, fun props, booth attendant
Ceremony Officiating: If you want a down to earth, laid back ceremony - we have the perfect officiant for you!
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Daisy Day Of Coordination $1750
Tulip Weekend Of Coordination $1950
Rose Partial Planning $2700
Peony Partial Planning $3200
Orchid Full Service Planning $4300
Cascading Orchids Full Service Planning $5300
Floral Design - Minimum of $1500
Photobooth starting at $600
Ceremony Officiating starting at $450
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
If JC Events is your coordinator/planner, 2 planners will be at the wedding.
If JC Events consists of planning + a bundle service, 3-4 team members will be present.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
I have a trusted team that will take over or else I will hire a fellow planner friend.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
Day of/Weekend of - 2 meetings: Meet & Greet + Final Walk Through at venue
Partial Planning & Full Service: Every couple is different and I can't give an exact number. It depends on the package and what needs to be done. If in person meetings can't be had, we opt for virtual. I would never refuse a meeting.
Vendor Selection: I begin each planning step with a questionnaire and then go from there.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Invitations & RSVP tracking is a separate service. We will gladly handle this upon request.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
JC Events coordinates with all vendors and will confirm details numerous times depending on the situation and what details are pending.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
JC Events creates a very detailed timeline and floor plan for all vendors to reference. We will gladly create wedding party itineraries upon request. It's all about communication and friendly reminders - that's how you get others to stay on schedule.