Planner - Jessica Scott
- Business: J. Scott Weddings
- Location: Dallas, Texas TX
- Experience: 7 Years
- Profile: J. Scott Weddings
- Website: jscottweddings.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
I am Jessica Scott, Owner and Lead Planner and Design at J. Scott Weddings (formerly J. Scott Events!)
J. Scott Weddings was created out of a deep love and appreciation for pretty details, organization, and well-executed special events. A few of my favorite things include: spending time with family and friends, traveling to places I haven't been, Target, being at my lake house, working out at Lifetime, and tasting wine with an exceptional charcuterie board. My favorite part of the planning journey is learning about my clients and finding unique ways to incorporate their love stories into the day! I feel blessed and honored to get to do what I am so passionate about day in and day out.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I have planned over 100 weddings. I continue to learn and grow and push myself, especially on the design front. Being creative is such an outlet for me!
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
Month of Planner
Full Planning & Design
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We charge a flat fee instead of a percentage. We focus on experience and innovation, not formula and routine. We believe a scale-based flat fee justifies our time, talent, knowledge, creativity, and design for each meticulous detail. Since there is no markup based on expenses, we always have our clients’ best interests at heart. So many wedding planners charge BOTH, we do not believe in that. We believe everyone should be able to afford a planner. Period.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
I have a few lead planners that will be my backup on wedding days. I like to have my hands in every little detail so you won't be getting an email from anyone but me :).
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
I have an amazing lead planner (s) that have executed countless weddings solo and knocked every single one of them out of the park. It is our job to have not only a B, and C backup plan but EVERY single detail thought of and noted.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
I tend to have 6+ in-person meetings with my full planning and design clients. As many as my clients need is what I am willing to do, but our job is to save our clients time and be SUPER efficient with those 6 meetings and really make them count!
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
We can add this to our stationery vendor so you don't have to worry about a thing!
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
BEING INVOLVED AS MUCH, OR LITTLE, YOU PREFER. FROM FINDING AND SECURING THE PERFECT VENUE AND VENDOR TEAM, TO DESIGN CONCEPT AND EXECUTION, MANAGING THE BUDGET, AND ARRANGING FOR GUEST ACCOMMODATIONS, TRANSPORTATION, WELCOME AMENITIES, AND MORE.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Our typical timeline is usually 9+ pages, so to say there is not any stone unturned would be an understatement. Each vendor is given the timeline and scheduled appropriately.