Planner - Kelsey Connor
- Business: Connor & Co.
- Location: Memphis, Tennessee TN
- Experience: 12 Years
- Website: www.connorandco.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
A little about me (Kelsey), I have a strong addiction to coffee (Lorelai Gilmore would be proud). My two puppies (Penelope Lane and Charlotte Rae) rule the roost. She has personally done over 100 weddings and countless events over the past 12 years! I am an open book so slide into our DMs, just a warning I am full of terrible dad jokes and I speak fluent sarcasm!
My hubby, Shea, and I actually grew up in Memphis, got married, and settled down smack in the middle of the hustle and bustle. We wanted to be in the heart of a city that is growing and evolving in a positive way. Helping lovebirds plan their wedding, moms throw over-the-top birthdays, or friends gather around and socialize brings this community together. The phrase I live by is "I make things happen and I make it pretty".
When it comes to planning your party, designing your flowers, creating a custom installation, or managing your wedding, we will pull design inspiration from your passions. We love creating slightly unorthodox, yet timeless celebrations that are as approachable as they are elegant. We are planners for the new fashion bride. Building from a background of project management, interior decorating, and event planning in the Memphis area, we want to harness the things that make you unique and mold it into an occasion that expresses your personality in a classic and romantic way.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I have planned over 100 events over the past 12 years. We started doing weddings about 7 years ago and currently, our team does about 40-50 events yearly.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We specialize in partial planning, we want to know you well enough that we aren't jumping in on the day of blind but we want you to have a hand in your design and vendor selection. We offer multiple packages and options for all varieties of wedding needs.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We currently charge flat fees based on your planning, staffing, and logistics needs.
Our packages are custom based on your needs. Contact us for more info.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
We currently have 3 other planners and 5 assistants that work with us, it depends on the complexity of your event but anywhere between 2-5 people will be there on your big day.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
One of our other trained planners will step in, they have access to all of the client's materials and information to ensure a smooth day of no matter who the planner is for your day.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
Our base package includes 3 meetings but you can add on as needed. We guide the client through the process and give help along the way, then after we have wrapped up all of the planning we take over the correspondence with the vendors and see it through to the end of the wedding.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
We have that as an add-on option.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes, we do.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
We do create a detailed timeline, a lot of it is hiring professional vendors that you know will do their part to keep you on schedule but we check in frequently to ensure the timeline is going as planned.