Planner - Sara von Feldt
- Business: With Grace & Love Events
- Location: Sacramento, California CA
- Experience: 14 Years
- Website: www.withgraceandlove.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
I have always been enchanted by all things beautiful, romantic and magical. My love for event coordinating began as a young girl. Just as many little ladies are, I was in awe of the world of Disney. But instead of wanting to be Cinderella, I wanted to be the woman in a headset managing the parade – the one creating all the magic. I have now been in the industry for over ten years helping hundreds of brides plan their perfect wedding and begin their own fairytales.
I spent several years interning with different wedding planners across California and working as the Event Coordinator and Director of Events for a few well-known wedding venues in the area. With years of experience under my belt I decided to open my own company and With Grace & Love Events was born in 2015. We truly live the philosophy that there is always time to be kind and it's my dream to help as many couples as I can have their dream wedding!
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
Over the last 13 years I have had the honor to plan almost 500 weddings between my time as a venue coordinator and my time as the owner of With Grace & Love Events.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer a range of services including "day of coordination" (which is more like 4-5 months before coordination!!) as well as full service planning and even destination weddings. Our detailed packages offer a breakdown of what each option includes and we are always happy to work with clients on custom offerings as well.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our packages are a flat rate pre-negotiated prior to signing the contract so no matter what the wedding budget is you'll know what coordination will cost before the wedding planning starts. The packages we offer are:
Essential: This package covers the ESSENTIALS for you to be able to have a worry-free wedding day! The Essential Coordination begins 4-5 months prior to the wedding with a meeting that allows you to hand over all vendor contracts, design plans and overall vision of the wedding for our team to make sure it all comes together seamlessly on your wedding day.
Preferred: Feeling pretty prepared but need that extra bit of help to alleviate the stress before the wedding? This package allows our team to assist with design, layouts, and monthly check-ins to bring your vision to reality through personalized vendor recommendations and unlimited communication until your wedding day.
Elite: You’re engaged, now what? The team at With Grace & Love Events will support you in creating your wedding from start to finish. Your wedding should be a reflection of your love story so let us help you write this chapter. From venue hunting (Sacramento & Napa wedding planning specifically) to developing a budget with you, designing all elements of your day to managing a personalized wedding calendar for due dates, payments and tasks – this is assurance that your wedding planning process will be fun and organized!
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
I run a team of 7 coordinators and there will be three of us onsite for your wedding!
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
The two assistants who are pre-scheduled to be at your wedding with me are qualified to step in as the lead coordinator so we have built in back-up plans ready to go.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
The number of meetings I have with you depends on which package you hire me for but typically I involve the client as much (or as little) as they'd like based on the level of help they need.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Our Elite and Preferred packages include invitation wording review, website assistance, etc. We use a program called AislePlanner to help easily track RSVP's with meal choices and table layouts as well.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes! Our team manages all rentals including confirming final counts, delivery and pickup. We create a thorough timeline with the couple and use that to manage all vendors timing on wedding day.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
It is our responsibility to keep the wedding day flowing as smoothly as possible and with years of experience we know how to wrangle families and vendors to stay on time.