Photographer - Gia Dragoi
- Business: Chicago Wedding Engagement Photographer
- Location: Chicago, Illinois IL
- Experience: 15 Years
- Photography Types: Engagements, Family, Weddings
- Website: www.weddingphotographerinchicago.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
My name is Gia Dragoi and I studied photography at the Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and I now live in Chicago where I love photographing weddings and engagements. Most recently, my work has been officially recompensed with the 2011-2018 Best of Chicago Wedding Photographers Award by the US Commerce Association (USCA).
For me, Photography is more than a job; it is my passion and my career. As, I think, my images show, I love to photograph most of all happy people in exquisite settings. I take most of my photos in a photojournalistic way and my approach to wedding Photography is that of a narrator, and my style is a mix of photojournalism and creative portraiture. To that end, I’m more interested in capturing the moment, rather than a fake smile, and so, after many years of experience, I know when to capture life as it happens without restraint.
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
I'm been photographing weddings for a long time, but professionally for the last 15 years. I can't recall the amount of weddings photographed, but it's easily in the high hundreds and hopefully very soon it will be in the thousands.
3. How would you describe your photography style?
My style of photography is a mix of candid and traditional. I love to photograph weddings from a photojournalistic stand point, while keeping in mind that the happy couple and family still want the traditional portrait style photos.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
Any couple should at least start looking about a year and a half prior to the wedding for vendors. Signing a contract is very important and should be done as soon as possible to make sure that you have booked your favorite photographer.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I offer 4 different packages and the most popular one is the silver package because it includes everything for the wedding day and after. It includes engagement photos, full wedding day coverage and a custom designed album. We also offer custom made packages to make sure you get what you need for the big day.
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
I am the main photographer and will always be photographing all weddings. I do not send anyone else in my place. I do offer the option of having a second photographer with me for very large weddings.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
I do not charge travel fees within the Chicagoland area (or 50 miles from Chicago). If it's a destination wedding there will be travel fees depending on the distance.
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
All packages include custom designed albums. And two of the packages, the gold and platinum, include also actual prints.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
My timeline for receiving the wedding photos have never passed the 4 week mark. The couple receives all photos edited and in high resolution along with the copyrights. They get them digitally and can download them for free.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Cancellation can be done prior to 30 days before the wedding. I have always refunded the deposit even if they pass the time frame, however in the contract the deposit is non-refundable.