Photographer - Kate Holt
- Business: Kate Holt Photography
- Location: Portland, Oregon OR
- Experience: 10 Years
- Photography Types: Newborn, Engagements, Family, Weddings
- Profile: Kate Holt Photography
- Website: www.kateholtphotography.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi! I'm Kate! I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and fell in love with photography at an early age. I began a career as a photojournalist while just 18 years old and by the time I was 22 I was traveling the world photographing for an amazing SCUBA dive and travel magazine! I met my husband, Dominic while SCUBA diving in Malaysia and we fell in love and decided to move back to the US. We settled in Portland, a city we love for its vibrant neighborhoods, AMAZING coffee, incredible Thai Food, and proximity to the coast, gorge and mountains!
Dominic and I photograph weddings together as a team as well as individually and just this past year we hired on another associate photographer, Taryn Lewis!
We love energetic couples who have a thirst for adventure and who value family above all else.
I'd love to meet you, drop me a note!
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
I began photographing weddings while I was still in college, and started my business officially in 2013. I've been a professional photographer since 2007 and photograph over 30 weddings a year!
3. How would you describe your photography style?
My photography style is light and airy with a nice pop and a heavy emphasis on candid-style imagery. I am a natural light photographer so love working with window lit areas and outdoor venues!
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
Most of my bookings come at least 8 months in advance, but with adding on two associate photographers to our team, we've increased our availability to accommodate those couples who have shorter engagements too!
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I have packages that range all the way from 4-hour elopements to 10 hour wedding days with two photographers. Our most popular package is an 8 hour package that includes an engagement session and 4 hours of a second photographer.
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
Kate Holt Photography is made up of three photographers. Myself, Kate, my husband Dominic and our associate photographer and good friend, Taryn. When we chat with you about your wedding we'll be sure to fit you with someone who matches your wedding the best!
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
If your wedding is within 2 hours of Portland we do not charge a travel fee, For weddings up in Seattle, or down south toward Bend we charge a nominal $75 travel fee. We also photograph destination weddings and weddings all over the US, and if a flight is involved there will be an added travel expense which we can quote you for depending on your wedding location!
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
Our packages do not include albums or prints but if you add-on a legacy album to your package at the time of booking you get a discount!
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
We always give our couples a "mini-wedding preview" of around 50-100 edited images the week after the wedding. The remainder of images will be delivered to you within 4-6 weeks!
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
If you cancel your wedding outright your 50% deposit is non-refundable, but any additional payments you may have made will be refunded to you in full. However, if you reschedule your wedding to a date we are available 100% of your deposit will be transferred to your new date!