Photographer - Caroline Lohrey
- Business: Native Light Photography
- Location: Columbus, Ohio OH
- Experience: 12 Years
- Photography Types: Business & Corporate, Engagements, Family, Weddings
- Website: nativelightphotos.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
It all starting in 2010, when a close friend asked me to photograph her wedding. That was 12 years ago; I was just a kid with no idea what I was getting myself into. As a sappy romantic, I quickly became obsessed with meeting couples in love and capturing their stories. A lot has changed since then - I've learned camera technicalities, how to file my own taxes, market myself, and the other adult things you need to run your own business. All that to say hard work has all been worth it! I feel that capturing love in a nontraditional, unposed style most expresses genuine emotion. At the end of the day, it's all about telling stories in the most authentic way I know how.
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
I've been shooting weddings for 12 years now! Phew! To be honest, I have no idea the actual number, but around 50-70!
3. How would you describe your photography style?
When people see my photos, they often comment that they feel the emotion in that photos. Meaning, they don't feel cheesy, posed, or unrealistically perfect. My style is nontraditional, documentary, and full of feels.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
I think booking a year in advance is typically fine. However, after the covid madness, dates are filling up much farther! Given the times, 1.5-2 years in advance is advised.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
For full weddings, I offer 3 packages ranging from $3,000-$5,000, depending on the amount of coverage needed for the day. The average couple spends $4,000 with me. They all include complimentary engagement photos as well, so we can get to know each other before the big day.
For smaller, elopement-style weddings, the cost starts at $1,000 and is much more custom.
All packages with details can be provided upon request!
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
Yes! I am the lead photographer and I'll be the main person capturing your wedding. I also have a team of second shooters I use for weddings that book a second photographer.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
I charge standard milage for anything outside the greater Columbus, Ohio area. If out of state, I just pass along flight/hotel fees.
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
I send preview photos within the first 2 weeks, and the full gallery is ready 6-8 weeks after the wedding date. They are delivered via an online gallery.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Retainer payments are non-refundable, but they are transferrable to a new date!