Photographer - George Kuchler
- Business: GK Photography
- Location: River Ridge, Louisiana LA
- Experience: 26 Years
- Photography Types: food, commercial products and events, etc, Engagements, Family, Weddings
- Profile: GK Photography
- Website: www.gkphotography.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello, my name is George Kuchler owner of GK Photography here in New Orleans and Photography has been my sole income for the last 26 years.
In college, the camera was actually an accident that turned into a passion then into a business. I love imagery that has movement and tells a story.
My weddings have always had a special place in my heart. I was 23 years old when I started my business and now I have 26 years in business behind me and I still look forward to every single wedding I have on the calendar.
Here in New Orleans, we photograph high school seniors who usually become brides of ours as well as future family portraits as their new additions grow their family. I guess you could say I capture the circle of life. I am passionate about the true job of a photographer. We are your visual historian. How amazing is it to be included in someone's life even for one 10 hour wedding day.
My initials are "GK" but I always wanted those two letters to mean so much more. The level of customer service my wife Elizabeth and I provide is something we are extremely proud of. The world may have gone digital but the "Human Experience" will never die! Everyone has a story and I'm proud to capture it with my camera. :)
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
I've been photographing weddings for 26 years so by doing the math I guess you can say a thousand-ish. :).
3. How would you describe your photography style?
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
It depends on the selected month and how popular it is actually. Here in New Orleans the fall is super busy as well as the spring months. Most brides reserve their wedding dates with us at least a years notice while other brides can book within six months for the times of the year that are not as busy.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We have several wedding packages but I love speaking with my bride and designing the perfect package that works for them. I actually despise packages in general. I don't see anything unique about a pre-designed package. Our $4,000 Standard package includes 7 hours of coverage, one portrait session (Usually engagement), an online gallery, and digital images on a flash drive. As the packages go up they will include albums, photographers,etc.
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
When you hire me you get ME and my second photographers are fellow working pro photographers I can trust. My second photographers hired are all talented in their own way so depending on your event I know exactly who will be perfect for you.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
No travel fee within 60 miles of our studio. Destinations beyond 60 miles have discussed ahead of time and planned accordingly.
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
We offer albums, wall portraits such as beautiful gallery canvas wraps, mounted portraits as well as gift size prints.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
Depending on the season you can expect delivery of the images online within 4-5 weeks.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
All payments with me are nonrefundable yet applicable towards other dates if requested. We offer a payment plan with specific dates for payments for your benefit. If cancellation of the wedding is required, I will need a written email or letter prior to 90 days before the event, so any remaining balance is waived. Beyond the 90 days, the entire balance is required.