1. Introduction: What's your story?
Are you looking for a relaxed yet super stylish video that captures your wedding day? Have you been searching for a professional videographer that can capture the emotions of your day?
Welcome to Your Day Production!
I LOVE filming and editing weddings and I have been doing it full time since 2007. When friends ask me "Isn't it stressful?" I say NO! There's nothing like seeing the bride's dad cry when he sees his little girl all dressed up. Or, the look on the groom's face when his bride walks down the aisle.
Most days, you'll find me in front of my computer editing a wedding, drinking a Diet Mountain Dew (my weakness). When I am not working I love spoiling my 3 year old grandson, Jhett or fishing with my friends.
You must have lots of questions at this exciting time. Couples have found emailing to schedule a brief phone call have helped answer those questions and get a feel if we would be a good fit to working together.
Reach out to me and let's chat.
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many weddings have you filmed?
Since 2007 I have been filming weddings full time. I have filmed over 1000 weddings.
3. How would you describe your videography style?
Journalistic emotional! I love to go where the action is and I am always looking for someone who might be crying. If I can make someone who is not associated with the couple cry while watching that couples wedding video, then I have done my job.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding videographer?
As soon as possible. With COVid rescheduling and couples opting not to marry in 2021, we are getting booked up fast for 2022. Usually 12-18 months are best. We do have two crews and can take last minute bookings.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our Platinum Package is our most popular package.
GOLD PACKAGE Ceremony and reception with Music Video Recap. Up to 5 hours $1,895.00
PLATINUM PACKAGE Bridal prep, ceremony and reception with Music Video Recap up to 8 hours $2,295.00
PLATINUM PLUS PACKAGE Bride Prep, Groom Prep, Ceremony, Reception and Music Video Recap up to 8 hours $2,495.00
All of our packages contain the following:
* Fully edited ceremony and reception. It will be like watching a movie of your wedding day. Most of our final DVDs are over 2 hours long.
* 3 Hi-Definition cameras at every ceremony.
* Wireless microphones to capture clear audio at the ceremony.
* Capturing all the fun at your reception, i.e. First dances, cake cutting, bouquet and garter.
* Music Video Recap of your day, to share with family and friends
* Video can be delivered on HD or regular DVDs.
6. Are you the wedding videographer who will be filming on the wedding day? How many camera people and cameras will be operating on the day?
I am the main camera person. Elopements and micro weddings I tend to do by myself. Big church weddings I usually bring a second shutter with me. We use three cameras at every ceremony and two cameras at the reception.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
We charge a Travel Fee for any place 4 hours from the New Orleans Metropolitan area. The Travel Fee covers gas. On occasions, we have had to spend the night for a wedding and the couple pays for the room.
8. How do you back-up your footage to ensure no footage is lost and for how long do you keep the footage after the wedding?
Our wedding videos raw footage is backed up in several locations and then once the video is edited, the edited footage is also backup up to several hard drives. We keep the footage for at least 10 years. I recently had a couple whose house burned down and I was able to get them their wedding video. They got married in 2009.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the video? And how will the video be delivered?
We are about 1 to 2 months for delivery. We deliver the video on BluRay HD DVDs. Standard DVDs can also be made for families with older DVD players. We post the highlights online for couples to share with family and friends. Ceremony and Reception footage can also be posted online for a fee, as well as a USB drive for a fee.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
The deposit/retainer fee is non-refundable. No money is refund is wedding is canceled a week or the day of the wedding. If canceling do to COVid, all money is refunded.