1. Introduction: What's your story?
Many photographers say that photography runs in their blood, for me, it's really true. My great-grandfather, Louis founded the Chicago Ferrotype Company in the early twentieth century. Together, he and Gerald—my late grandfather—patented and produced the Mandelette camera, the namesake for our company.
The Mandelette was portable, compact, and able to produce developed photos in under one minute, and it became the world's most popular street camera in the 1920s-1940s. Aspiring business owners were able to make extra income by working as street photographers, offering snapshots to passersby for an 8-and-a-half cent profit.
We imagine the countless moments that have been captured on Mandelette cameras—children enjoying a day at the fair, a family spending an afternoon strolling the city streets, a young couple out on a first date. Now, those moments are memories. How many families treasure that old, tattered picture of grandma as a young girl grinning ear to ear?
We are honored to carry on the family legacy of capturing moments, preserving memories, and helping photographers grow into successful business owners.
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
I have been photographing weddings for ten years, and have photographed over 200 weddings!
3. How would you describe your photography style?
Fine art editorial meets documentary with a hint of whimsy.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
12-18 months! It is never too early to secure your wedding team.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We offer both junior and senior associate packages. Our most popular package includes both photo, video, and an engagement session.
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
My team will be the ones photographing your day. We have twenty associates, varying from junior to senior, made up of photographers and videographers. Our team is so excited to work alongside you on your beautiful day!
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
We charge travel fees outside of the Chicagoland region. Our fee is $1 per mile outside of a 100 mile radius. We request for destination weddings that we are accommodated with a 2 night hotel stay at or near the venue, as well a a round trip plane ticket to arrive at least one day early.
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
No, but we love providing you with albums to celebrate your one year wedding anniversary :)
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
Within 90 days of the event in a curated online gallery!
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
If your wedding is canceled or postponed, we will apply your monies paid as a credit towards future services with us. If we are unable to attend your wedding due to illness, we will send an equally capable replacement associate.