Photographer - Regina Rached
- Business: Regina as The Photographer
- Location: Tampa, Florida FL
- Experience: 12 Years
- Photography Types: Boudoir and Studio Portraits, Engagements, Family, Weddings
- Website: www.reginaasthephotographer.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
I started my photography journey in high school, tinkering with film cameras and goofing off with my friends. At first it was a creative hobby and outlet. I thought about getting a fine arts degree in photography, however, my parents urged me not to and to choose something that would provide a steady income. I went into teaching and got a degree in Elementary Education. However, I continued to do photography and photographed friends and family. I was asked to do my friend's wedding and that is when I fell in love with photographing weddings. I had so much fun, and really who wouldn't?! It was extremely stressful preparing. I had to invest a lot in new equipment. I ended up teaching for 5 years starting in 2009, but also started my photography business at the time with photographing weddings.
In 2014 I realized I had to choose one or the other since I had grown my business enough that it was interfering with my teaching. I would wake up at 5am, go to work as a teacher, come home in the evening and edit until I fell asleep on top of my computer. After so many years of this, I decide to pursue photography as a full time business and left teaching. Since then, I have had three studio locations and I'm finally in my dream studio space. This year I made the shift to do less weddings and photograph more portrait and boudoir work in the studio.
I have always loved photographing weddings and couples since the beginning, but this year have shifted into photographing boudoir and portraits in my studio that I opened in May of 2020. It is truly my dream space.
I believe what sets me apart from others is my personality as well as how open clients feel with me. I've also been told my editing style and creative techniques are appreciated. I try to produce unique images for all my clients and have recently added animated gifs of my clients as an extra to my sessions and weddings.
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
I shot my first wedding in 2009 so at this point in 2021 it's been 12 years since my first. I have been a full time photographer for 7 years. I have no idea how many I've photographed at this point, hundreds.
3. How would you describe your photography style?
Quirky, offbeat, creative, fun, photojournalistic, colorful.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
It all depends but typically 6-12 months out.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I start at 6 hours for $2500 but most people book my 8 hour with an engagement session for $3500 or my 10 hour with engagement session for $4500. I also offer smaller packages for weekday elopements and tiny weddings.
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
Yes. Just me and my assistant, but I am the only photographer.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
More than 50 miles from Clearwater is $1/mile until it requires an overnight stay within Florida then I charge a flat fee of $500. Anything more than that is a case-by-case basis and I charge two airfares and at least two nights of lodging.
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
I include album credits in some yes.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
8-12 weeks via an online gallery and direct download.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
The retainer is non-refundable always. However, I do have a COVID clause that protects both the clients and myself and allows them one reschedule/transfer of the retainer.