1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi! We're Sarah and Katie, co-owners and lead artists at Blush and Braids Beauty Bar. We have 20 years of combined hair and makeup experience and love what we do. We operate in the Midwest and Pacific Northwest, and have a team of 45 artists between the two locations who are endlessly talented. Our goal is always to make the experience tailored to the client, and add joy to their special day.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
As co-owners, we have 20 years of combined experience. Our company has served about 500 weddings in the years 2020 and 2021. We have a diverse team of artists and ensure to serve all clients, no matter their skin tone or hair texture.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our pricing is very straightforward and is per-service pricing. Our most common services are:
Bridal hair - $140
Bridal makeup - $145
Age 9 and up hair - $85
Age 12 and up makeup - $90
Age 8 and under hair - $40
Age 11 and under makeup - $40
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
Thankfully, we have a very reliable team of artists and network of artists within the industry, and always provide a replacement artist in the event of an emergency. We pride ourselves on quick communication and always let the bride know if there are any issues.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Travel within the city of Chicago is included. Outside of Chicago (approximately a 30 mile radius), travel is charged at 50 cents per mile per artist.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Yes, we offer trials! Trials are $85 per service, so $170 for both hair and makeup. Trials are typically held at our location in Chicago, but we do have flexibility.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
Our artists carry an array of product lines including (but not limited to) Kenra, Redken, Amika, DesignMe, Sexy Hair, Aveda, and Guy Tang for hair, and MAC, Dior, Chanel, Morphe, Danessa Myricks, Kevyn Acoin, Makeup Forever, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Urban Decay, and Temptu for makeup. We can work with brides who wish to provide their own products if they have a specific allergy or skin condition.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
Skin prep, quality products, and setting spray! We also provide a touch up kit for each bride to ensure they have an "insurance policy" on their look.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
We budget 60 minutes per bridal service and 45 minutes per attendee service. We budget about 15 minutes for set up, 30 minutes for touch ups, and head out after touch ups.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
At this time, the deposit is nonrefundable, and there is no additional cancelation fee if canceled at minimum 30 days prior to the wedding day.