Hair & Makeup Artist - Teresa Foss
- Business: DC Elite Image
- Location: Washington, District of Columbia DC
- Experience: 20+ Years
- Profile: DC Elite Image
- Website: dceliteimage.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello my name is Teresa Foss, and I am owner and senior makeup artist at DC Elite Image. With over 20 years of extensive experience in the bridal industry, Team DC Elite Image has been glamming brides in the DMV for eight years. From the time I was a little girl who loved looking at the beautiful images in bridal magazines, I dreamed of being able to transform women on their wedding day. The ability to create that personalized “Cinderella” moment for each of our clients is truly a wonderful and rewarding experience. To see how happy our brides look and feel is why we love what we do!
We our proud to not only be female-owned but also multi-racial. Having a diverse team is important as we want to be inclusive to brides of all ages and races. Our style ranges anywhere from soft and romantic to ultra glam. Making our brides look & feel like the most beautiful version of themselves is our passion.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
My team and I have glammed hundreds of lovely brides over the last decade. We take pride in keeping up-to-date with the latest trends, courses, and master classes including CDC COVID-19 regulations. We do have two tiers of artists and stylists, our elite team artists and our senior elite team artists. Our senior elite team will have over 20 years of bridal, beauty, fashion and editorial experience, but all of our team members are seasoned professionals.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our pricing is customized to each individual bridal party and competitive with other artists & stylists with the same level of experience and quality reviews. Bridal makeup starts at $190.00. Contact us for your personalized quote!
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
Team DC Elite Image has twelve team members and can accommodate multiple weddings in one day as well as any size bridal party. We have yet to have an artist sick or have an emergency where we could not fulfill a committed wedding; however, we absolutely would do our very best in replacing the original booked artist for another if this situation occurred.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Our travel fee is complimentary for all bookings within 20 miles distance. Any bookings over 20 miles would be charged a travel fee based on the travel time per artist.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Yes, we highly recommend scheduling a hair & makeup trial prior to your wedding date. This will give you the opportunity to go over your desired look and make any adjustments, so things run smoothly the day of your wedding.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
Each of our artists & stylists have their own kits full of their favorite products. We do not require our brides to provide any of their own products but happy to use whatever our brides would like.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
Absolutely, this is what we specialize in! Many people do not realize the extra steps involved with bridal makeup so it will last all day and night. This is why it takes longer and also why it’s different than everyday makeup.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
We usually allocate 60-90 minutes for bridal makeup. The exact time would depend on how intricate the style is.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Once your bridal agreement is signed and retainer is paid, your retainer is non- refundable. Brides can cancel prior to 60 days before their wedding date without any penalties of owning tensing balance. For any Covid related cancellations, we are giving our brides up to one year to reschedule their date without any penalties.