DJs - Corey Manke
- Business: Spangler Entertainment
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee TN
- Experience: 20 Years
- Profile: Spangler Entertainment
- Website: www.spanglerentertainment.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Corey has always had a creative spirit, love for music, and an entrepreneurial drive. Combined with his attention to detail and high standards, it is no wonder he found his way into the entertainment and event production business. Corey gained his knowledge of music from his years as a musician (he almost became a Music teacher) and a nationally known vintage swing music DJ. He is also an internationally recognized vintage swing dance instructor, alongside his wife, Susan Manke.
Corey started as a DJ and Casino Party Dealer for Spangler Entertainment in June of 2018 and quickly advanced as their Operations Manager after their previous Manager retired. After 20 years of successful events that made Spangler Entertainment the benchmark for quality and dependable entertainment in the Nashville market, Doug and Becky Spangler decided it was time to pass the torch to someone with equal passion and creativity. Full of innovative ideas, Corey was more than excited to become the new Owner. He has worked extremely hard to gather Nashville's best talent for your event, whatever it may be. Spangler Entertainment takes pride in the variety of services/packages and being able to exceed Client's expectations by guiding them with our years of experience.
2. What's your experience as a wedding DJ? How many weddings have you done?
I have personally done over 60 weddings. That said, we have over half a dozen in-house DJs and MCs who each have hundreds of weddings that they have worked. We average 30 weddings a year.
3. How far in advance do couples need to book your services?
Couples should book us at least 3 months (ideally, 6 months to a year) before their big day.
4. What's your rate? What does that include?
Our Basic Wedding DJ package cost $950 and includes:
- A planning meeting with our in-house Wedding Planner who will walk the Client through every step and create an Order of Events
- A trained professional Wedding DJ
- Access to our planning/music app so couples can plan things at their convenience
- A high end Sound system (with on-site backup equipment)
- Enhanced dance floor lighting
Our most popular package is our Bliss Package for $1,450 and includes:
- Everything from our Basic package
- A professional MC that acts as a Day-of Reception Coordinator so that couples don't end up working their own wedding.
These are both 4 hour packages and include set up and travel cost within 1 hour of Nashville. Overtime is $100/entertainer
5. Are you available to travel if needed?
We tend to stay within a 1 hour radius of Nashville but we are able to travel within a 3 hour radius for $100/hr/entertainer.
6. How would you describe your style?
Having multiple professionally trained DJs/MCs allows us to provide a wide variety of entertainment styles. We have the cool & classy DJs, as well as the party starters, and everything in between. Tell us what you want and we can find the right fit for you.
7. What's your backup plan if there's an equipment malfunction? Do you bring backup equipment?
This is a very important issue that is overlooked by far too many couples and non-professional DJs. We are prepared! We bring a second laptop with your music already loaded, as well as doubles of everything on each event. In the unlikely event of equipment failure, we can be up and running in just a few minutes. Another reason why our Bliss Package (an MC and a DJ) is so popular is that our entertainers are all cross trained for each role should one not be able to perform. We test all equipment after each gig and also set up at least 1 hour before the event. All of these things help maintain our perfect track record of showing up (on time) and delivering what we promised.
8. What's your sick day policy?
If our DJ/MC gets sick, we have a number of in-house DJs/MCs to step in and perform. If the Client gets sick, we will transfer the deposit to a mutually agreed upon date within 13 months of the original date.
9. How do you motivate a shy crowd to dance? What do you do to motivate the crowd if nobody is dancing?
We have a number ways to motivate the crowd.
1) We start talking to the couple during the planning meeting about setting clear expectations of the Wedding Party's role; to make sure it's a fun reception.
2) We recommend during the planning meeting that the couple pick music that they AND the guest will like to dance to.
3) We always talk to the Wedding Party before the reception to hype them up and let them know that part of their job is to help make the reception fun (if they are dancing, so will everyone else)
3) Our MC and DJs can help teach and lead group dances like the Wobble, Cupid Shuffle, etc. that always gets a crowd on the floor.
4) Our MC and DJs look for a few guest that aren't shy and specifically ask them to help break the ice.
5) We coach the couple at the planning meeting about getting the entire Wedding Party on the dance floor. Guest tend to follow the lead of the Newlyweds. So, if the couple are chatting with guest the whole night, the guest tend to stay seated.
6) We ask guest for request at each table.
7) If we can't get them dancing, we at least try to get them singing and tapping their feet.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Our retainer (50% down) is non-refundable but we will transfer it to another mutually agreed upon date within 13 months of the original date.