Videographers - Tyler
- Business: Strata Wedding Films
- Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania PA
- Experience: 9 Years
- Profile: Strata Wedding Films
- Website: www.strataweddingfilms.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hey I'm Tyler, the owner of Strata. I've been shooting wedding films since 2013 and I absolutely love my job! I've been shooting video since 2006, my junior year of high school, and I never looked back. I graduated from Penn State in 2012 (We Are!) from the College of Communications with a focus on video production and after a few freelance gigs with ESPN, American Idol, Outdoor Channel, and a few small production companies, I decided to do my own thing filming my love of the outdoors on the side of my regular 9-5. After filming my cousins wedding in 2013 as a favor, you could say things accidentally got a little serious for me in the world of wedding videography. Then, several years later, things got super serious and I quit a salaried video production job at a prestigious university to take on the video world! Now, I travel all across Pennsylvania and the East Coast with some of my best PA wedding videographer friends capturing the amazing love stories of adventurous-at-heart couples.
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many weddings have you filmed?
I've been filming weddings since 2013. I only did it on the side from 2013-2018 before going full-time with it in 2019, but I've probably filmed 50-60 weddings over the years.
3. How would you describe your videography style?
My style is rooted in capturing candid moments in personal, authentic, and captivating cinematic films. I try to not make any two films the same to make them match the couple as best as possible.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding videographer?
I usually get booked 8-10 months in advance, but sometimes brides will book me 12-18 months in advance the past two years. It's never too early!
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I dont offer actual packages as I feel that it limits the couple on their films potential. I start with a base package that gives them the essentials and gets them started, and then provide them with a list of upgrades to let them mold their package around their budget and their day. It's been super successful and a lot of brides really like the options.
6. Are you the wedding videographer who will be filming on the wedding day? How many camera people and cameras will be operating on the day?
If you book me, you get me. I typically will run 2-3 cameras depending on the venue. It's not my standard to include a second videographer, but I do recommend it in most cases unless it's a wedding with less than 100 guests. But even then it can make a difference!
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
My standard travel is within 200 miles of home. After that it is 50 cents a mile. Any out of state travel from PA is a $200 fee. I also ask that any weddings over 3 hours away provide overnight accommodations. If it is an early day AND a late night, I tend to split the two nights with the couple. Anything requiring airfare is charged to the couple in addition to the out of state fee, however, I don't charge for anything else in that case.
8. How do you back-up your footage to ensure no footage is lost and for how long do you keep the footage after the wedding?
I send all raw footage to 2 other drives for 6 months and final copies go to the cloud for 1 year.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the video? And how will the video be delivered?
My typical turnaround is less than 3 months. I deliver the final film(s) on a video album playbook and digitally on a streaming platform.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
As far as cancellations go, couples can cancel up to 30 days of the wedding for a refund of everything but the deposit. Inside of 30 days there are no refunds of any kind. 99% of the time, those are my policies unless there is some huge catastrophe within the family or bride and groom - I'm not a monster!