1. Introduction: What's your story?
After 20 years in the food industry, I left my job in the event planning and catering industry to open a roadhouse-style BBQ restaurant in a restored two-bay garage in my neighborhood of Manayunk-Roxborough. With an emphasis on authentic American BBQ cooked in old-fashioned iron barrel pits that I helped design and build, the business took off. By 2012, my wife Jackie was able to leave her job in the event planning industry and devote herself full-time.
Ten years, three stores, and two food trucks later, our mission remains the same - to deliver authentic BBQ in a friendly, casual, rustic atmosphere. The collard greens, the pickles, the ribs and chicken, the pork and brisket, the dry rub, the hardwood cooking - it hasn’t changed. We hope to bring some lip-smacking goodness to you soon.
2. How many weddings have your done in the past?
We've done 25 weddings, including rehearsal dinners at our restaurant and wedding catering with our food truck.
3. Do you charge a bulk fee or cost per person? What are your rates like?
We do both bulk fees and cost per person. Rates depend on the number of guests.
4. Do you have a static menu, or can you do a custom menu? And can you take care of various allergy/dietary requests?
We have a custom menu and take care of allergy and dietary requests.
5. What are your most popular dishes?
Brisket cheesesteak, loaded wedges, ribs, and signature sandwiches.
6. Do you provide linens, table settings, and accessories? If you don’t provide linens, table settings, etc., will you handle coordinating the rental?
We provide serving utensils, plates, and personal utensils.
7. Will food be made on-site or brought in?
Food is made both on-site and brought in from our food truck. Food is made on-site at the restaurant for wedding rehearsals.
8. Are tastings available and what is involved?
No, tastings are not available.
9. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
My husband and I are the main staff with help from 3-4 other staff members.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
We do our best to take cancellations and refunds on a case-by-case basis depending on the timeframe, etc.