Videographers - Raag Shah
- Business: Paraagon Films
- Location: Chicago, Illinois IL
- Experience: 3 Years
- Profile: Paraagon Films
- Website: www.paraagonfilms.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
We are a husband and wife duo of wedding filmmakers based out of Chicago, IL, but open to travel anywhere in the world. We love meeting new people, exploring new places, and telling stories, so that's what got us started in the wedding industry. Check our our website www.paraagonfilms.com to learn more about us and what we do! :)
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many weddings have you filmed?
We are approaching our 4th year capturing weddings in summer of 2022! We will have filmed over 100 weddings since we started!
3. How would you describe your videography style?
We have a very candid-cinematic approach to our weddings. We truly believe what will matter most in 20,30, or 40 years from now as you look back at your big day are the moments that took place and the emotions you felt, so our biggest priority while filming and editing our films is representing the day and our couples as authentically as possible. Although we shoot portraits, it's important to find a good balance between them and the candid moments, so that your wedding is your version of your big day, not ours.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding videographer?
Before the pandemic, about 8-10 months was fine, but we've been finding that most of our new inquiries are at least 12-14 months prior to the wedding.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We have a custom approach to our pricing. Because we shoot so many different kinds of weddings, standard packages were tricky since a lot of the stuff would either get swapped around, or would require us to add/remove a lot of things that specific to that wedding. So we've found it's best to understand the wedding by speaking directly with the couple first, and creating packages that are unique to their wedding.
6. Are you the wedding videographer who will be filming on the wedding day? How many camera people and cameras will be operating on the day?
We only capture one wedding per weekend (and only 2-3 per month). I (Raag) personally shoot and edit all my own weddings to ensure the same, if not better, quality of work our clients fell in love with. Editing is where it all comes together or falls apart, so I personally edit the final films to make sure everything that's important to our couples makes it's way in. It's crucial for the person that films the wedding to also be the one that edits the films. For the wedding and reception there are 2 videographers, for pre-wedding events it will be me (depending on the nature of the event).
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
No travel fee, but specific travel costs depend on the destination as we have to consider many factors.
8. How do you back-up your footage to ensure no footage is lost and for how long do you keep the footage after the wedding?
We keep it forever :). All of our cameras shoot on 2 SD cards, we backup to a local drive, an archive drive, an offsite drive, and of course, the cloud. So within a week of your wedding, there are 4-5 copies of every shot taken at your wedding! When working with technology, although it's almost never fail-proof, we understand the value of what we're providing so we take every measure we can to protect these memories.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the video? And how will the video be delivered?
About 2-3 weeks for the teaser, and 4 months for the highlight and documentary films. We deliver them online and also provide USBs.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
We understand that a lot can happen within the 8-12 months you book us, so we handle this on a case-by-case basis. Just let us know and we'll work with you guys!