1. Introduction: What's your story?
My name is Vitaliy and I started wedding videography as a high school senior project back in 2006. Since then, I've shot over 200 weddings focusing on quality and storytelling. I've always wanted to deliver only the best - so my approach is simply, deliver a masterpiece.
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many weddings have you filmed?
I've been filming weddings for over 16 years. Over the last 10 years, I've adjusted my approach and started focusing on a select amount of weddings a year. This way I can be present at each wedding and deliver a wedding film that is a beautiful story of that magical day. We do about 20-25 weddings a year and have filmed over 200 weddings total.
3. How would you describe your videography style?
My videography style is clean and cinematic. So I'd actually call it a "cinematography style." This style is classic and timeless where we focus on beautiful storytelling shots from the wedding. This way you can enjoy your wedding film for many generations to come. Specifically, we try to stay away from temporary trends yet still capture the wedding professionally and effectively. Our wedding films tend to be closer to a Hollywood film versus a trending TikTok video.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding videographer?
9-12 months in advance is the best time to book.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We have one package as we simply want to deliver a masterpiece from your wedding. The package includes 8 hours of coverage, 2 cinematographer and a beautiful cinematic short film that tells your wedding story. You can adjust the package, but most couples keep that configuration as it gives us the quality time to capture all the wedding elements.
6. Are you the wedding videographer who will be filming on the wedding day? How many camera people and cameras will be operating on the day?
I will be there at your wedding as I'm the visionary behind each and every wedding film you see on our portfolio. We usually have an additional videographer (and sometimes a third) to help me capture the wedding day.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
We charge a small travel fee of $300 for weddings outside of Northern, CA. Further weddings that require longer travel times (and flights), we customize the travel fee per agreement.
8. How do you back-up your footage to ensure no footage is lost and for how long do you keep the footage after the wedding?
We have a 4 step system where we have all the wedding footage backed up to a SSD the night of the wedding (keeping the memory cards NOT formatted that night). The next day, when we arrive to the office, we copy the footage to a RAID array where it's automatically backed up to 2 hard drives at once. That system has a nightly backup each night, so there will be third copy by the evening. The footage on the SSD is then copied one more time onto a "archive" drive that we keep at a separate location. Once that is done, that is when we remove the footage from the SSD and the memory cards - as by then we would have verified everything is 100% copied and backed up. This system has served us flawlessly for the last 10 years.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the video? And how will the video be delivered?
We want to deliver the wedding film as fast as possible, however, we also want to deliver a masterpiece from each and every wedding. We take about 3-6 months to deliver the cinematic film, however, most times, we deliver the wedding film within 2 months. The cinematic film is usually 4-6 minutes in length.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
We reserve the wedding date specifically for you, so the retainer payment is non-refundable as we turn away other potential couples for the same days.