Planner - Niangi Igano
- Business: Alore Vay Weddings & Events
- Location: Sacramento, California CA
- Experience: 10 Years
- Profile: Alore Vay Weddings & Events
- Website: alorevayevents.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello! I'm Niangi Igano, Owner and Lead Planner at Alore Vay Weddings & Events.
Like many planners, my love for the industry started at a young age. I have always been the go-to planner, decorator, baker, etc for family events, birthdays, vacations, and so on.
I've always loved reality bride shows and had a fascination for flowers and all things nature. It was only right that I got into the wedding industry. Being a go-getter with an entrepreneurial mindset lead me on this path of starting a business and becoming the planner/ designer I am today. Though this has been a heavy part of my life forever, my professional journey started in 2016 when I got certified through Lovegevity's Wedding Planning Institute and started my company, Alore Vay Weddings & Events. Since then, I have worked with well-renowned event planners/ designers like David Tutera and Kevin Lee.
I've expanded my services outside of Sacramento to cover the Bay Area, Reno, Tahoe, and Southern California. I've even gotten into education and became a mentor/ online instructor to those who are looking to pursue a career in this industry.
I'm very excited to be recognized by WeddingRule, and of course, to continue my working in the industry I am most passionate about.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I have over 20 years of experience in the industry, and about 6 years of owning Alore Vay Weddings & Events. I can not keep track of the number of weddings/ events I have planned. Spring and Fall are by busiest seasons, with at least one event per weekend.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
Alore Vay offers day of coordination, partial planning, full-service planning, event design, and floral design.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our most popular package is the "Creme de la Creme" package, which is full service planning plus design. Partial Planning and full-service pricing is based on the package, client needs, and overall budget, however, day of coordination is a flat rate.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
The number of staff at the wedding is based on the type of design and size of the event. I have 6 people on my production team as well as my assistant.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
My assistant is a fully trained event planner and can take over when/ of needed. If neither of us can attend, I am connected with other planners in the area and more than happy to take on any referrals.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
There are several meetings that I have with clients leading up to the wedding day. I like to be as involved as possible, so I am at every fitting, tasting, venue tour, vendor meeting, etc. I also meet with clients for lunch/ dinner every month or so to go over progress, to-dos, and the timeline of events.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
I assist with ordering invitations, save the dates, and advise clients when to mail them. Guest list coordination is something I offer for an additional fee.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes! I handle all of vendor communications. I get connected with every vendor and give them a timeline of events with a detailed breakdown of when and where to be throughout the wedding. I also take care of all rental orders, and orchestrate set up and break down any and all decor. I work side by side the on-site venue coordinator/ banquet manager to align set up, breakdown, food times, etc, as well.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Yes! I have a vendor timeline, a bridal party timeline, and a master timeline (for myself) to keep everyone informed on when and where to be during the event. I check in on all parties and vendors frequently to ensure the day is moving smoothly and everyone is in the right place at the right time.