Photographer - Rachel & David Hammitt
- Business: Hammitt Design
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio OH
- Experience: 4 Years
- Photography Types: Engagements, Family, Weddings
- Website: hammittdesign.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hey there! We are Rachel & David: an adventurous and quirky husband & wife photography team, inspired by love and anchored by our faith in Jesus Christ. We are high school sweethearts who got married on a warm spring day in May. Our wedding was full of beauty and sunshine, right up until the end of the night when it poured rain and everyone on the dance floor jumped in puddles and sang along to Sweet Caroline.
We love a good coffee shop, date nights that involve sushi, and reading in the evenings with our rescue pup Miko on the couch beside us. We welcomed our sweet daughter Kinsley into our lives this past December and we love watching her grow. Naturally, we take lots of pictures of her :)
We are humbled by God’s past faithfulness and present kindness to us, and we believe that He is glorified through the goodness of art and the beauty of marriage.
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
We’ve been photographing weddings & families together since 2017 and have delivered over 20 wedding galleries to our amazing clients.
3. How would you describe your photography style?
Soft, timeless, dreamy, honest, colorful, and film-esque are a few words that come to mind!
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
Most of our clients book us anywhere from 6 months to a year out from their wedding date! Our peak wedding season is June-October and our Saturdays tend to get booked up pretty quickly.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our wedding collections begin at $3500 for Collection I which includes 9 hours of coverage. Each additional hour of coverage is $200. Our most popular collection is Collection I. Collection II is $4100 which includes an additional hour of coverage and an album.
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
Rachel is the lead photographer and David is her second shooter. Each of us have 2 cameras. We typically shoot most of the events of the day together!
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Depending on the location and our schedule and availability, we do travel for weddings! Please inquire with us and we can discuss our travel fees with you specifically.
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
Our Collection II does include a custom heirloom wedding album (designed & ordered by us!) but you can choose to add an album as an a la carte item anytime. We also order engagement prints for all of our couples as our gift to them!
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
For weddings, it's a 6-8 week timeframe to receive all your images. Each image is edited and tweaked by Rachel with our signature editing style so that your entire gallery is cohesive and beautiful. We deliver all images via a private online gallery called PASS. In the gallery you can share, download, and more! All images are high resolution JPG files. You can post em on the ‘gram, share the wedding on Facebook, send the gallery to all your friends and family, etc.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
If you need to change your wedding date, we do our best to connect with you to find a new date that works for both of us. If you need to cancel, we talk it over and refund everything except the non-refundable retainer (which is stipulated and agreed upon in our wedding contract).