Photographer - Marcela Suter
- Business: Captured by Marcela
- Location: Littleton, Colorado CO
- Experience: 4 Years
- Photography Types: Elopements, Engagements, Weddings
- Profile: Captured by Marcela
- Website: capturedbymarcela.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hey there adventurer! I'm Marcela, an elopement photographer in Colorado. When my husband and I were planning our wedding and quickly realized a big traditional wedding wasn't for us. We wanted to spend our wedding day exploring nature and our love. We decided to say our vows on top of a mountain at sunrise and it was everything we hoped it would be - intimate, beautiful, and focused on us. I knew I wanted to help others have a personalized and connective wedding experience like I did! So, if you want to prioritize creating a celebratory wedding day that’s entirely focused on you, your partner, your relationship, and your commitment— I can help you plan your immersive, authentic, and intentional wedding or elopement experience that’s perfect for your relationship and your love story. And I’ll be there to capture your intentional, authentic love through it all.
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
I have been shooting weddings for 6 years and have been specializing in small weddings and elopements for the past 5 years.
3. How would you describe your photography style?
I'm all about the real love stuff; the playful laughter, the booty grabs, the tender embrace, the vulnerability, the soulful moments, and the sweet nothings that define your love. I'm driven by excitement and passion for capturing raw emotion. My style is relaxed and silly. The thing I love most about photography is being able to capture authentic and honest moments!
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
Because my travel schedule & pricing structure is constantly evolving, I generally don't book elopements more than 18 months out (with the exception of international destination weddings). Couples usually book elopements anywhere from 3-12 months out. If you're more spontaneous or just eager to get married and want a last-minute elopement, definitely reach out! I might have space just for you. (August is the most popular month to get married in Colorado - the wildflowers are ABSOLUTELY incredible!)
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
My Colorado Elopements packages are perfect for weddings with just the two of you or 20 of your favorite people.
Here's all that's included:
• Starting at 4 Hours of Coverage
• Ultimate Elopement Guide
• Elopement Questionnaire
• Location Scouting
• Photography Permits
• Custom Timeline Creation
• Packing & Planning Lists
• High-Resolution Photos
• Full Printing Rights
• Handcrafted Reminiscence Album
• 5% Donated to a Colorado Charity
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
Because I shoot small weddings with few guests, I am the sole team member of Captured by Marcela.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
If your location is accessible by standard commercial airlines, and a 2WD, you don't need to worry about my travel fees. I've got those covered! I also cover my cost for overnight stays so you won't need to worry about any additional charges. You won't have to worry about any additional charges for hotels or meal at the end of your amazing event.
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
I believe in the power of print and that your day deserves to be displayed in a beautiful handcrafted album to help you relive your wedding day.
These flush mount albums each have an exclusive selection of leather and fabric to choose from and each album starts with an embossed cover and 10 spreads to tell your wedding story.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
I know from personal experience that it can seem like ages when you're waiting for images. My photographer took 12 weeks to deliver my images! That's why I work hard to deliver them within 4-6 weeks (but generally sooner than that). I also make sure to send over some sneak peeks soon after your elopement day so you can share with family and friends!
You will receive a downloadable online gallery of the best images from your day. These images are handpicked and fully edited. Every photo has my custom look applied and is adjusted for things like composition, brightness, and optimal color.
You will have full printing rights of these beautiful images to treasure for a lifetime! You can also order prints directly from your personalized gallery.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Cancellations and refunds depend on time and reason.