Photographer - Jason Wilbur
- Business: Wilbur Studios
- Location: San Diego, California CA
- Experience: 9 Years
- Photography Types: Engagements, Family, Weddings
- Website: www.wilburstudios.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
After graduating from SDSU with a film degree, I discovered my love for wedding cinematography and decided to do it full time. I never would have thought that I would become a photographer, but it turned out that life had different plans than I did. Fast forward a number of years and now here I am, a wedding photographer, loving what I do each day.
I cherish the moments spent with my family. Watching my two young boys grow and experience life has been awe-inspiring, scary, and exciting all at the same time. Ferris Bueller said it best, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” One of the reasons I love photography so much is because a photo has the ability to instantly bring us back in time to a particular moment and relive the emotion and joy that it captured.
If I’m not photographing weddings, then I can be found spending my free time on the boat, with friends and family, relaxing in the sun, listening to good music, and wakeboarding.
I love spending time with old friends and making new friends. Getting to know couples and capturing the intimate moments of their special days is incredibly rewarding and I consider myself very fortunate to truly love what I do for a living.
Creating beautiful images starts with providing you an incredible experience.
Your wedding day is special and should be treated as such. At Wilbur Studios I shoot a limited number of weddings each year ensuring an unforgetable experience for you before, during and after your big day.
I use a mix of unobtrusive shooting styles throughout the day including fine-art, photojournalism, & casual portraits. The end result is a collection of images that you, your friends, and your family will all love for years to come.
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
I have been photographing weddings for over 9 years and I have captured hundreds of weddings
3. How would you describe your photography style?
I like ot think of my style as modern yet timeless
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
Couples should book their photographer as soon as possible, otherwise you risk the chance of your favorite photographer not being available on your wedding date. April through May and September throgh October are the busiest wedding months in San Diego. Most couples will book their photographer 6-18 months before their wedding date.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
My photography packages start at $2,499 with my most popular packages ranging from $2,999 to $3,999 and they all include 8-10 hours of coverage, an engagement session, a wedding album, and your high resolution digital files.
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
I am always your lead photographer and main point of contact throughout the wedding planning process. My team of 2nd photographers are also professional photographers with years of experience.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
If you wedding is in a destination that would require a travel fee, then options and quotes will be provided.
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
Albums are included with our packages
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
Our couples receive their images through an online gallery in 2-4 weeks after their wedding day.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Your retainer payment is non refundable and we would be happy to directly answer any specific questions about our cancellation/refund policy