1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello, my name is Michael Segal and my passion is to tell stories with images to last generation to come.
I am always chasing those special moments whether I am shooting a fashion shoot or a wedding.
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
I have started my career as a photographer shooting hip hop artist such as Snoop Dog, Pdiddy and Dr. Dre. Then I moved to celebrity images working with talents such as Matthew McConaughey, Kate Hudson, Chritina Anguilera and Carrie Underwood to name a few. Finally, I found weddings which I continue to shoot today searching for those special moments.
Wedding commissions have taken me to Jamaica, Morocco, Italy, Mexico and Israel.
3. How would you describe your photography style?
My style is fun, calm, relaxed with all the intent of keeping my subjects the same. This style helps me capture the essence of my couples.
Non obtrusive with an editorial look.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
Reserving your photographer I believe is the most important part of planning your wedding.
Dates are often put on hold and when couples find out you have another inquiry the date books fast.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I have 3 basic packages.
All come with a second shooter and a wedding book.
My complete package comes with an engagement shoot and I also have a package which comes with "everything" possible.
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
I am the lead photographer. I work with a second shooter who is one of my 3 associate photographers.
We normally start about 1 hour before the bride puts on her dress and stay until the dance portion of the wedding.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
We do not charge for travel if the wedding is in the Southern California area.
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
Yes, we include out fine art book with are basic package my Wedding album with the complete package and my Duo book with my third package.
We always offer my collection of 5 different kinds of books. We have a website for each one.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
Images as stated in my agreement are ready within 4 weeks of the wedding day.
Our website now includes full quality downloads with private password for downloading.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
My agreements include a new clause for possible date changed due to COVID-19 that states we will honor any date change due to the virus. If Michael Segal Studio is not available for the date change 100% of the deposit would be refundable.