Photographer - Shariq Khan
- Business: iKHANic Productions
- Location: Sacramento, California CA
- Experience: 6 Years
- Photography Types: Portraits, Engagements, Weddings
- Profile: iKHANic Productions
- Website: www.ikhanicworld.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello my name is Khan, I am the owner and manager of iKHANic Productions. Growing up I was a naturally artistic child, I loved drawing, painting, music, loved watching movies and thinking about how they were made. I use to get in trouble in kindergarten because I never did my homework and always turned it in with cartoon characters drawn onto it. I struggled through grade school all 12 years, barely graduated, I joined the USAF and realized I didn't like listening to others. So after I got out in 2015 I decided I would do what I want to do and what I've always wanted to do, I wanted to be an artist, a photographer and filmmaker. Over the last 6 years I've spent countless hours shooting and developing my craft and eye through photography and film. I've shot weddings, portraits, commercials, night life, travel films, and looking to continuously expand my portfolio through more adventures and projects.
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
I have been shooting weddings since 2016. I think I have shot way over 200 weddings by now. I can't keep track, although I should!
3. How would you describe your photography style?
I don't create moments, I capture them. I capture my couples for who they are. Not everyone is VOGUE and GQ ready. Some couples prefer to go for a walk through pier 39 in San Francisco in casual clothing to pickup some mini doughnuts. And I follow closely behind them and photograph every small detail, laugh, smile, hug, any moment of intimacy I see or feel. I like to refer to my style as documentary and journalism. And I am absolutely obsessed with light which I also like to refer to my style as Painting with Light!
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
I work on a first come, first serve basis. Whoever signs there contract first will secure their dates. I am usually booked out a year in advance.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
All of my packages and pricing are custom tailored to the clients needs!
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
I am there at all my events. If you contract with me. I will be there. I do not send others unless it is a life/death emergency. You hire me, YOU will get ME!
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
I only charge travel fees if I need to go overnight or out of state! And its typically airfare and lodging I charge for.
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
I have special packages which include albums and prints.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
Photos are delivered within 2-4 weeks. And they are sent via a private online digital gallery.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
My deposits are non refundable. However if the client is looking to postpone their date? Then the deposit will be credited towards new event date.