Hair & Makeup Artist - Lisa Anderson
- Business: Beautique Hair And Makeup
- Location: San Luis Obispo, California CA
- Experience: 10 Years
- Profile: Beautique Hair And Makeup
- Website: beautiquehairandmakeupsalon.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
My name is Lisa, founder and artist at Beautique Hair And Makeup. My passion for the beauty industry started when I was 20 years old and I enrolled in David Presley Cosmetology school. After cosmetology school I started building hair color clientele at a booth rent salon and I loved it- I loved being my own boss and having the freedom. I am the person that is always looking to learn and grow especially when it comes to my career, so after 5 years at that salon, I decided to leave and venture into a different route and I added makeup services as a Master Hair and Makeup Artist at Ulta beauty as a commission employee. I worked my way up after a year and felt I wanted to continue to grow- I had a vision for a better way I could run my own business so I decided to take the leap and open my own salon suite at Sola Salon Suites and named my salon suite Beautique Salon where we offered lashes, hair, makeup, and wedding services. During that time I also wanted to venture into training other artists in Hair Extensions through Dream Catchers Hair. It was a not long after that I worked my way up from the smallest suite available to the largest at various locations of Sola in Michigan and eventually felt like it was time for me to move on from the suites and venture into my dream of owning a full salon where I could really pursue my dreams of wedding hair and makeup with a team of artists offering all the services. I officially opened my first salon I started from the ground up in Grand Blanc Michigan in 2020 called Beautique Hair And Makeup- 1 year after we opened I opened a 2nd location offering eyelash extensions and spa services. Eventually I conjoined the 2 salons and now we offer a variety of services all in 1 place.
Since then I have have branched out to CA and opened another location in San Luis Obispo where we continue to offer the same services focusing on the love of weddings. I am living the dream of loving what I do. Weddings to me are especially a true passion for me because I love that we are able to be such an important part about the brides day helping her feel her absolute best and most beautiful. Its truly a passion for everyone that we bring on our team.
Beautique Hair And Makeup consists of a team of stylists who are exceptionally talented and highly experienced with event hair and makeup. With decades of combined experience in the industry, and a desire to make women feel beautiful! Everyone representing Beautique has the same philosophies and passion about beauty and customer satisfaction. This team thrives on working together to accommodate large parties, and making their clients look and feel their absolute best.
Beautique Hair and Makeup Salon specializes in perfecting the brides look on her wedding day! Our team of hair and makeup specialists have a passion for bringing out the beauty in you and the wedding party, and providing a great experience along with great results.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
To date, we have done countless Brides and events. Each person is treated uniquely and we strive for continued excellence with every client.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We offer hair services and makeup in both traditional and airbrush options. All of our services are a la carte- we build a custom quote for every bride.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
We have a team of artists that are consistent and dependable. We can accommodate any party size and guarantee the desired finish time.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
We have a travel fee based on distance from the salons in both Michigan and California. It's one fee, not a fee for every artist.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
We require a trial be done and we require no less than 4 weeks before the wedding.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
We use nothing but the best products for hair and makeup.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
The products are really the answer here. Primers, setting sprays, and quality products make the difference.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
We take about 45 min per service. The bride can take longer depending on the desired look.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
We have a contract that explains our cancelation policy for both salon and the client. Although rare, we do have a policy in place.