1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hey ! My name is Andrew Jensen. I am the cofounder and lead designer at Flowerchild Chicago alongside my friend and business partner Serge Abellard. I've always had a fascination with the natural world since I was a kid. I grew up watching my grandfather in his greenhouse working as horticultural therapist and was inspired by the mystifying influence of plants and flowers. I started my professional journey working in some of Chicago's top retail florists for a number of years alongside some freelance design until starting my business in 2019.
2. What's your experience as a wedding florist business? How many weddings are in there in your portfolio?
Before starting my business, I had been in the floral industry for 4 years with experience in both retail floristry and wedding design. Since its inception, Flowerchild has successfully undertaken over 50 weddings and events with more to come.
3. How far in advance do couples need to secure your services?
Ideally I advise any potential clients to reach out anywhere from nine months to a year in advance, allowing ample time to communicate the many details that go into a successful event.
4. How do you price your floral arrangements? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Pricing is completely dependent upon each individual event. Size, style, and specific requests all play a role in the formulation of a design budget. Each client is unique and at Flowerchild we strive to highlight that in every event we design. For that reason, we do not offer any predetermined packages. On average clients can expect to spend $3,000 - $10,000 on a full service wedding.
5. How many meetings will you have with the couple, and how will they be involved?
At Flowerchild we are all about communication. After receiving an inquiry, every client can expect to start the booking process with a phone consultation where we get an initial idea of the size and style of their event. From there we create an itemized proposal priced according to the clients requests. Once the booking is finalized with a contract signature we remain fully accessible by all forms of correspondence including an optional in person meeting closer to the date of the event.
6. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
We have 3 full time team members on staff including myself. Depending on the size and complexity of the event we hire any number of freelancers to remain organized and efficient.
7. How would you describe your design style? (e.g. traditional, modern, rustic, organic)
Flowerchild's design aesthetic is centered around flowers in their most simplistic form and as they would appear in nature. Our light and whimsical approach offers a refreshing garden style design, specially curated to create the wedding you envision. We like to focus on bringing a modern touch to floristry.
8. Who will handle setup and delivery? What other services do you offer?
Every successful event is truly a team effort. At Flowerchild it is all hands on deck from start to finish ensure the highest quality of care and attention to detail. In addition to floral design we also offer uplighting, graphic and printing services, custom signage, and rental decor.
9. What happens to the flowers after the wedding?
With every event we welcome our clients to keep any florals with complimentary wrapping post celebration. Any remaining undesired florals are removed during our strike process.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
In the unfortunate event of a cancelation we offer a refunded deposit, minus any expenses incurred. However, we will evaluate any instance on a case by case basis.