DJs - Michael Nguyen
- Business: MytyMyke
- Location: San Jose, California CA
- Experience: 15 Years
- Profile: MytyMyke
- Website: www.mytymyke.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi, my name is Mike and my stage name is MytyMyke. I've been DJing over 15 years with experience in nightclub, radio, and private events. I began doing weddings for friends that were getting married. Eventually it became a full-time job. I love the honor of being there for someone's special day. I've been to many weddings myself so I know exactly what a couple needs in order to have the best wedding ever. I have a passion for all sorts of music and I enjoy sharing it everyone!
2. What's your experience as a wedding DJ? How many weddings have you done?
I have full-time experience as a wedding DJ. I've done 100s of weddings in the past. I honestly have lost count of how many I've done. I've been flown to Santa Monica, CA to do a wedding as well as Playa del Carmen in Mexico.
3. How far in advance do couples need to book your services?
I advise couples to book me at least 6 months to a year in advance as dates do fill up fast.
4. What's your rate? What does that include?
There's not definite rate to be honest. Every wedding is unique to me so it all depends on what a client needs. My flat fee includes up to 6 hours with setup included. Overtime is $150 per half hour.
5. Are you available to travel if needed?
I am available for travel if needed. I am able to fly anywhere for a wedding as well as drive a few hours.
6. How would you describe your style?
My style is high energy and hype. I like to get everyone dancing with tons of excitement.
7. What's your backup plan if there's an equipment malfunction? Do you bring backup equipment?
If there's an equipment malfunction I do have backup equipment on hand ready to swap out.
8. What's your sick day policy?
If I am sick on the day of, I will have a backup DJ on hand ready to go. I work with many DJs all over my area and know one that will be able to cover.
9. How do you motivate a shy crowd to dance? What do you do to motivate the crowd if nobody is dancing?
To motivate a shy crowd, I usually put on a really popular song to see if they react to it. If they don't I play another popular song and hop on the microphone to encourage them.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
There are no refunds once the retainer is paid. They may cancel if they like but it must be in advance at least 48 hours.