1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi, I'm Gerard McGuiggan co-owner and founder of Occasions Chicago Catering, Inc. Together with my partner and chef, Terri Frazzini, Occasions Chicago brings you the finest in event planning and production coupled with outstanding food and drink.
2. How many weddings have your done in the past?
Hundreds of weddings and thousands of social events of all kinds.
3. Do you charge a bulk fee or cost per person? What are your rates like?
Our weddings are priced on a per-person basis. Pricing is moderate to higher-end.
4. Do you have a static menu, or can you do a custom menu? And can you take care of various allergy/dietary requests?
We ask our brides and grooms which flavors and cuisines are their preferred or favorites and tailor every menu to each customer. We offer menu suggestions as required and strive to make each menu a reflection of our client's good taste. We can accommodate all dietary restrictions and preferences.
5. What are your most popular dishes?
Carved Beef Tenderloin Medallions and Herb Roasted Chicken with house bacon jam and micro greens garnish. Our most popular hors d' oeuvres include Thai Shrimp, Braised Asian Beef Shirt Ribs, and our potato & celeriac pancakes with homemade apple compote, sour cream and snipped chive.
6. Do you provide linens, table settings, and accessories? If you don’t provide linens, table settings, etc., will you handle coordinating the rental?
We provide every facet of the event from linens to dessert! We are also happy to work directly with any outside vendors that may be called upon.
7. Will food be made on-site or brought in?
One thing that sets us apart from many other caterers is that our food is prepared on-site and never brought-in ready to eat. The difference is significant.
8. Are tastings available and what is involved?
We offer a complimentary complete menu tasting at our kitchen. The couple will join us along with any parents wishing to attend.
9. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
Myself and my partner are on-site and very much hands-on throughout the process from beginning to end. We also provide a highly-polished professional service staff which includes event captains, servers, cooks, bartenders and a full complement of support staff.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Cancellations/refunds are handled on an individual basis as not all circumstances are the same.