Planner - Kristyna Martin
- Business: Weddings by Kris
- Location: San Diego, California CA
- Experience: 13 Years
- Profile: Weddings by Kris
- Website: www.weddingsbykris.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi There, I'm Kristyna, owner and lead planner of Weddings by Kris. I plan epic weddings for awesome couples in love!
I entered the wedding world as a florist back in 2006 in Europe. But I'm a big planner and designer in my heart and after planning my friend's wedding I knew that wedding planning is my destiny. After a few years of planning events in Prague, I brought my international style to San Diego. From finding the right venue and creating a design to ensuring everything runs smoothly on the wedding day. I love to put every single detail together so the wedding will be magnificent!!
I have been very lucky to be working with many wonderful couples from all around the world. I'm a big traveler, design fanatic and I love meeting new people and listen to their love stories.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I have over 13 years of experience as a wedding planner. I planned intimate destination beach weddings, worked as a wedding planner for a lead catering company in Southern California, and for the past 5 years, I'm the proud owner of Wedding by Kris. I worked with around 400 wonderful couples.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer Month of / Day of Coordination which starts 3 months prior to the wedding date. This service is the best fit for couples who do the planning themselves but need some help with finalizing details and when their wedding day arrives they need professionals to accomplish all of their hard work. We offer Full and partial planning as well as design services. The majority of our services are fully customized.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We offer many different packages in different pricing variety. Our Day of and Month of packages are a flat rate. Full, Partial, and design package pricing depends on the client's needs, design and size. Our Most popular package is Full Planning.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
I work with one wonderful coordinator and we have assistants who would join us on the wedding day.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
Our long-term assistants are qualified to lead the event on their own. They worked on many weddings with us and we would add one more assistant to the event.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
The number of meetings depends on the type of package the client will choose. I do have an unlimited phone call and email communications with my Month/Day of the package and one walkthrough meeting. With Full & Partial planning I offer multiple meetings with clients and vendors.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
I do help with invitation selection, design, and wording. Invitations are one of the most essential parts of planning a wedding because they set the tone of what guests are to expect on the wedding day. My clients manage the mailing and RSVP.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
This is another fun part of the wedding planning process for me. All my packages include vendor management. I will contact all vendors individually and coordinate the final details, delivery, and setup instruction.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
After talking to all vendors I create a detailed timeline which I sent to all vendors and I discuss it with them. Ten days prior to the event I finalize it and send the final copy to everyone. I work closely with all the vendors on the day of the wedding to ensure everything runs smoothly.