1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi I'm Megan Burton, founder and Lead Planner of The BluBook Events. I've had the honor of helping Couple's plan their Wedding Day for a little over 7 years now (since 2014) and it's still my favorite work ever. Like they say, "if you love what you do, you never work a day in your life." Those couldn't be truer words!
To backtrack on some history, I became a Wedding Planner in my final days of serving the US Army in El Paso, Texas. I got my first job (outside of the Military) as a DJ Assistant and I'd say that's where my aspirations of being a Wedding Planner really began. It wasn't long before I decided to take the leap of starting my own company, thanks to the support and encouragement from my fellow 'friendors' in the industry. Still today, I am happy to say that I work alongside the same (and MANY more) vendors that put the TEAM in teamwork! Although I am now considered a Veteran, the Military will forever be my second family, and I am happy to offer special packages for Service-members of all types. I am not your "average" Wedding Planner, and tend to be a realist that will ensure you get everything you wanted out of your celebration. If you're a lover of tacos, pizza, wine, or margaritas - let's get together and chat! ;)
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
Well, this is a trick question! As a Wedding Planner, I have assisted over 14 weddings annually since 2015. However, I am also a Special Events Manager at Nestldown, LLC in Los Gatos, and Coordinate over 15 additional weddings per year as the Venue Manager.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer partial or full service planning only. We do not offer month-of coordination due to logistical concerns.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We work with a flat rate that covers all duties needed to facilitate a smooth, fun, detailed event planning process. We also include the option of adding items a-la-carte.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
There is one other Wedding Planner, and a staff of 6 that help on the day-of each event (dependent on the guest count).
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
Rare, but given the circumstances over the last couple years, I do have a contingency plan! We have another Planner on the team that can act as a proxy in the event I am unavailable for an emergency. I am also partnered with several other Planners in the area that could oversee the Event if necessary (based on availability of course).
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
I require at least 3 meetings up front (pre-event production, mid-way walkthrough, and final walkthrough). All meetings outside of these 3 are optional. I am always available by phone, text, or email as well.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
It is an a-la-carte option to add on the invitation suites and mailing of paperworks. Guest List coordination and RSVP lists are included in the packages offered.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
I will coordinate the timeline, layout, and logistics with all vendors, and oversee all activity on the day of the Wedding. Couple's are required to sign contract directly with each vendor initially and confirm any personal details as needed.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Absolutely! We create the timeline and layout using online systems, that way everyone (including vendors) can stay up to date at all times.