1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi my name is Bret Thompsett, I am the owner/Operator of Bret Thompsett Photography. I started photography in 1998 in my home of South Africa, it quickly took me round the world in a whirlwind of amazing adventures and landed me in Hawaii in 2014. I started my wedding photography journey in 2012 as a means to an end of my life as a paparazzi photographer, yes one of those! I knew that career wasn't for me and I loved the interaction of people in love. I dabbled a bit in the wedding industry in Arizona before moving to Hawaii and pursuing weddings full time. I now split my time between rescuing animals in need, my portrait studio and weddings on our beautiful beaches of Oahu. I cant wait to capture your special day!
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
Over 10 years and I have photographed over 350 weddings, to be honest Ive lost count.
3. How would you describe your photography style?
FUN! I like to joke around with my couples to get them to relax but when it comes to business, I'm all that. I love working with light and seeing what mother nature gives me, backlit photos are my favorite.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
I'm freely open as I have a second photographer who I can count on when things get busy, I would prefer at least one months notice but have been known to work on a tighter schedule.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I'd say my elopement package is the most popular, most couple I photograph elope to Hawaii for a quick but beautiful ceremony with an amazing backdrop. We can even provide an officiant or a musician.
Our second most popular package is the 6 hour full wedding coverage, this provides two photographers to capture all those special moments throughout the day, making sure nothing gets missed and creating beautiful memories as we go.
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
I am always lead photographer, being the face of the brand. I have hand chosen my second photographers for their skill and people interactions. We make a great team and work together with total synchronicity.
Generally I will cover the Bridal Party and My second the Groom, we are in constant communication.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
No fee within the island of Oahu, if traveling to outside island we charge for basic costs like airfare/hotels but not for the time we are away.
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
We provide 6x4 print packages with all our orders - albums on request at market rate.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
Photos are delivered within 4 weeks of the wedding date, they will initially be delivered via online gallery which allows our clients to share with family and friends. There are no watermarks or upsells on extra images. We also mail out the print packages and that can take up to 6 weeks post ceremony date.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Deposits are non refundable if client cancels - if photographer cancels or cannot provide an adequate solution we will refund the full amount. We provide all the details in our contract before deposit is taken.