Photographer - Melisa & Laif Gilbertson
- Business: Blue Note Weddings
- Location: San Francisco, Napa Valley, Sonoma, Santa Barbara, California CA
- Experience: 6 years
- Photography Types: Videography, Engagements, Family, Weddings
- Website: www.bluenoteweddings.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Blue Note Weddings is a fine art wedding photography and videography boutique studio serving couples and families in Napa, Sonoma, San Francisco, and Santa Barbara. As a power couple Melisa and Laif strive to create breathtaking and timeless heirlooms from fleeting moments. Both share a common love of travel, good coffee and take pride in raising greatest gift, their son, Oliver. They have been featured in multiple blogs and magazines for their work such as Magnolia Rouge, Ruffled Blog, Wedding Chicks, Wedding Sparrow and Ceremony Magazine. Laif and Melisa continue to produce wedding films and photography that will inspire and creatively tell love stories for years to come.
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
We have been shooting weddings for over 6 years and have grown with our couples through the years adapting to each of their needs.
3. How would you describe your photography style?
As a fine art curation of light and love, we believe everyone’s story deserves to be told in a timeless, soft, and elegant way. Our imagery is defined as light and airy with an editorial edge.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
At least 9 months in advance. That way you are ensured you book your first choice for your photographer and/or videographer.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We actually offer custom quoted packages based on what our clients needs are. Our most popular bookings are photography & Videography packages.
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
Yes for sure. As the owners and creators of Blue Note Weddings all of our clients always receive us on the wedding day and the days leading up to the event. We love working closely with our clients so it is important to us to always understand their vision and all the details of their day.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
We do not charge a travel fee within 50 miles of the destination. There are charges for destination weddings outside of the State which are also custom quoted.
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
Yes, Albums can be included in all of our packages.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
We allow for 3-6 weeks for delivery of an entire wedding gallery and 6-8 weeks for a wedding film. We do usually deliver way faster than that.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
All deposits are non-refundable. We are happy to accommodate rescheduling a wedding and will do our best to work with you on a new date if for some reason you must reschedule your wedding day.