1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi my name is Charissa Sanchez, founder of Makeup By Charissa. My passion for the beauty industry started over 19 years ago as a young teenager. There is something about transforming beautiful woman as they sit in front of the mirror is so surreal a magical. I have been trained in many different areas of makeup, from a subtle natural look all the way to a red carpet glam. I worked for Mac Cosmetics for over 7 years where I was around some incredible makeup artists who not only mentored me but inspired me. After leaving Mac Cosmetics 10 years ago, my passion for the bridal industry exploded and filled my hart with so much love. I am so very grateful for all of the beautiful brides I have been given the opportunity to work with, without them I would not be where I am today.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
I have been doing makeup for over 19 years, but found my passion for the bridal industry 10 years ago.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
All makeup services include false lashes
Bride Makeup $115.00
Attendees airbrush makeup $100.00
Attendees traditional makeup $80.00
Bride hair $85.00
Attendees hair $75.00
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
I am very fortunate to have some very talented artist who work for me, as well know many artists in the bridal industry. These are artist that are very dear friends of mine who I trust to do a beautiful job if an emergency were to come up.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
I do have a travel fee for all weddings outside of the Fresno/Clovis area. Rates for all weddings will depend on the mileage and travel time. If I'm having to travel 2 hours or longer I do require a hotel the night before.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Absolutely, I do all trials at my studio in Fresno. All trials are $65.00, and it does include false lashes.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
I use a variety of high end cosmetic brands, I love that these products are long lasting and photography very well.
If a bride would like to use her own product, we can absolutely do so. However if they have some products that I know will not photograph well, I will definitely give my professional opinion and leave that up to the bride to use or not.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
Absolutely, I use great quality products that look beautiful in photos.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
I always offer to create a schedule for my brides, this schedule will include names and times for everyone in the wedding party. We usually take about 45 minutes for each attendee, and one hour for the bride. If the bride did not book hair services with my team, I will then offer to create a schedule for her hair stylists to help the day to go by smoothly.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
I do require a 25% non refundable retainer fee and contract to book. However, I will definitely work with brides to reschedule during a pandemic or natural disaster, as this is out of our control.