1. Introduction: What's your story?
I'm Beth, the owner and lead designer for Sassy Diva Designs and Events I have been in the event industry for over 15 years, planning events for my family's PR agency, working on weddings as both florist and coordinator and much more. My love for planning started when I planned my younger brothers 5th dinosaur themed birthday party. From there I planned parties and events for her friends and family and jumped at the chance to work with a successful wedding planner and florist for three years before starting Sassy Diva Designs and Events in April of 2011. My love of flowers also started at a young age when I would spend time in a family friends flower shop while her mom helped out for big holidays. Other passions included theatre arts, dancing, and my two boys and baby girl!
2. What's your experience as a wedding florist business? How many weddings are in there in your portfolio?
I've been doing weddings for about 15 years now, and we just opened up a branch of day to day floral designs which has been gaining traction! We do about 60-70 weddings a year and have over 500 weddings at least in our portfolio!
3. How far in advance do couples need to secure your services?
Pre-pandemic days, we would have a lot of openings and could book a month out. Now, you need at least 7-9 months in advance to book with us.
4. How do you price your floral arrangements? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We prefer working closely with our clients to come up with floral designs that fit their vision and aesthetics as well as their budget. The only packages we offer are for elopements.
5. How many meetings will you have with the couple, and how will they be involved?
We generally have one complimentary consultation prior to them booking and will have a final meeting about 6 weeks out to go over all the last minute details. If the wedding is larger and has a lot of moving pieces, we will gladly meet one or two more times, including a venue walk through. Clients are welcome to email us any time to ask questions about pricing or changes to their vision!
6. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
I have an incredible staff of two full time and two part time ladies working with me and a handful of floral freelancers. Generally their are 2-3 of us on site depending on the scale of the wedding!
7. How would you describe your design style? (e.g. traditional, modern, rustic, organic)
We are not a one-trick pony wedding shop. While talking to a client recently, I came up with the term "chameleon florist". My team is really good at looking at inspiration pictures and mimicking different styles while putting a bit of our own flare into the designs.
8. Who will handle setup and delivery? What other services do you offer?
Typically we have a team of 2-3 people handling set up and delivery depending on the scope of the wedding. We also have a selection of accent rentals including candles, lanterns, table runners, etc. and we offer planning and coordination services as well.
9. What happens to the flowers after the wedding?
We discuss with our clients what they'd like to have done with the flowers, they will either take them, let guests take them, or we will pick them up. If they are salvageable we will redesign into little hand tied arrangements and deliver them to local senior homes in our area to brighten their day!
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Our retainer that is placed to hold the date is non-refundable. If we have not purchased goods for the wedding, we will offer a refund or credit. If we have purchased or ordered goods and flowers already, we will refund the delivery/installation fee.