1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi my name is Jonathan Chowthi and I'm the founder of Iris Gaze Productions, LLC. I started my videography/video editing business May 2016 mostly because of the people whom I worked with at the time. I worked with a lot of entrepreneurs on video projects during my studies at UNC Wilmington (the university I went to study film). Their can-do spirit and initiative inspired me to do the same and start my freelance video production/video editing freelance business.
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many weddings have you filmed?
I started in wedding videography in 2016. I have filmed 10 weddings.
3. How would you describe your videography style?
I try to go for a cinematic style for anything I film. Whether it's wedding or a video for a business I try to take a project that should be documentary-like in nature and turn it into more of a narrative experience using lighting, slo-motion, and editing.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding videographer?
Ideally at least a month in advanced.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I offer 3 packages. First one includes a highlight cut and 6 hrs of videography. Second packages includes a highlight cut, long cut and up to 12 hrs of videography. My 3rd packages includes a highlight cut, long cut, up to 12 hrs of videography, and raw/unedited footage. My most popular package tends to be the second option.
6. Are you the wedding videographer who will be filming on the wedding day? How many camera people and cameras will be operating on the day?
Yes I am the sole wedding videographer for the wedding day. I tend to film with only one camera but if requested the packages can be adjusted to include a second, stationary camera for the ceremony and/or toast.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Only if the wedding is in a different city further than 30 minutes away.
8. How do you back-up your footage to ensure no footage is lost and for how long do you keep the footage after the wedding?
I record all of my wedding on 2 SD cards simultaneously to ensure no footage is lost. I keep every wedding stored on my hard drives. They will never be deleted unless there is a malfunction with the hard drive.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the video? And how will the video be delivered?
Typically within 2 weeks. The video will be delivered digitally to download but I do offer options for a Blu-Ray copy or for it to be delivered by a USB Flash Drive.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
If a wedding is cancelled 2 weeks before the date then I offer a full refund. The only reason I wouldn't be able to offer a full refund is if I've already rented my video equipment and the wedding is cancelled within a week of the wedding happening (I rent my equipment 5-7 days before the wedding day).