1. Introduction: What's your story?
I'm Madison Hafen, the girl behind the camera!
I consider it such a blessing to spend the happiest days of peoples lives with them. It is such a special and sacred honor to be the preserver of these sweet memories.
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many weddings have you filmed?
I have been making videos for as long as I can remember. My passion goes clear back to childhood when I'd sneak my parent's camcorder and make silly little videos and also chose "digital media" for my elective every year of middle school.
It became my career in 2015 when I started making my first wedding videos! Since then it has grown into more than I'd even dreamed of and has taken me all over the US and more. I've filmed over 150 weddings the past 6 years.
3. How would you describe your videography style?
My videos are a documentary style. I like to capture the genuine and candid moments that happen naturally on your wedding day. This combined with the beautiful details you've poured your heart into help to create something that is so unique and special. Each of my videos is so different and that's because each wedding and couple that I film is so different!
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding videographer?
I book my clients anywhere from 8 months to 2 years in advance. If it's a huge priority to you (which I know I'm biased, but I definitely think it should be) I would make sure to check it off your list as soon as possible.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
My packages are flexible because I know each of my couple's needs are different. They range anywhere from 5-8 hours of coverage, with additional hours purchasable if needed, with a 3-10 minute edit. I feature add-on's like drone footage and vintage super8 film. My most popular package is 7 hours of coverage with a 5 minute edit.
6. Are you the wedding videographer who will be filming on the wedding day? How many camera people and cameras will be operating on the day?
Yes I am! I will be the exclusive videographer unless you decide to add on a second shooter. Depending on your wedding day needs I could be shooting on three different cameras- my DSLR, vintage film camera, and drone.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Yes I do charge a travel fee if your wedding is outside of Utah County or Las Vegas. It is completely dependent on the cost of flights, hotels, and rental cars in your area. Contact me for more information.
8. How do you back-up your footage to ensure no footage is lost and for how long do you keep the footage after the wedding?
Backing up footage is so important! Again, I think it's a huge responsibility to preserve your wedding memories so of course I do everything in my power to keep them safe. Immediately after shooting your wedding I will transfer your footage from the camera card to a hard drive. I will also create an online backup of it through OneDrive.com. I keep each of these backups (3 total) until your final product is edited and delivered. I keep the footage for 1 month after you are satisfied with the final edit. I also have an option to purchase your raw footage from me as well.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the video? And how will the video be delivered?
Your video will be delivered 6-8 weeks after the final shoot through digital download via Vimeo.com. This will include a link to share with your family and friends as well.
If you purchased the raw footage add on this will be delivered through a mailed hard drive.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
I require a $500 deposit plus travel fee (if applicable) to reserve your date. If you choose to cancel, the deposit and travel fee are nonrefundable. If you must postpone your wedding due to extenuating circumstances I will accommodate this if possible.